Artist's nightmare

Warnings apply: Angst, minor violence, fluff
Hyunjin x Jisung
-
The paintbrush flowed smoothly on the slightly rough surface of the canvas. Hyunjin was making a painting as a gift for one of his friends and was already halfway done. He hadn't painted in a while, so it without a doubt took him a little more time to paint anything for that matter.
There were light purple and pink flowers in a vase in front of him to serve as a reference that he'd bought earlier that day.

Jisung was wandering around the house looking for people to accompany him. He was low on energy today and needed something to do.
Truly he was looking for some company as he was bored out of his mind, because of a fever he was having, which prevented him from going out of the house.

In hopes of getting some company, Jisung weakly entered into Hyunjin's room and opened the door a bit harshly, stumbling on top of the older because of a bad balance.
The vase fell on the painting and the water spread on the painting, making the colors of it blend together and ruining the whole piece of art all together.
A shock appeared on his face.

"Jisung! This took me hours to paint."
The younger apologetically bowed to Hyunjin who was frantically trying to save his painting.
"Are you dumb you imbecile? You really need to be more careful!"

Jisung's eyes widened. The older has never insulted him in such way nor did he ever use his full name. He would usually use nicknames, such as; Sung, Sungie or Ji or squirrel even.
"I'm sorry, I lost my balance."
"No! You can't just barge in here like that. Idiot." The last word came out louder than intended along with a slap on his arm, scaring and hurting the younger and making him run out of the room in tears.

The boy rushed to his own room past Changbin who heard the commotion and was coming to see what was it all about.
"What's happening?" Changbin asked Hyunjin who was trying to save whatever was left of the relatively big painting.
"Jisung ruined my painting."
"I can see that. But you yelled at him in a pretty bad manner. It was an accident. You know he gets dizzy whenever he's sick." The older explained with his arms crossed on his chest.

Considering Jisung was neurotic when it came to cleanliness in his home or his room, he could easily go under the bed without the fear of dust or other dirty things. The bed underside was big enough to fit him there.
He made his way under the bed and closed his eyes as he pulled his legs up a little to help himself into a fetal position.

For some reason whenever Jisung got scared at home, he'd find himself hiding under the bed. It made him feel safe and it was dark enough to calm him down.
Often he would put his hands in his ears to block out the majority of the noises and this time was no exception.

"Bin, I hit him."
"You did what?"
"I did it on a whim. I genuinely did not mean to do it." Hyunjin seemed regretful. He didn't mean to hit Jisung. The anger just got to him and made him act in a way he did not mean to act.
"You need to apologise." Changbin was being stern with his words. All he ever wanted was the whole group to be in good terms like a family and for everyone to feel safe. And violence was never tolerated in the household.

The youngest of the three was still curled up under his bed in the furthest corner right next to the wall.
Jisung heard the bedroom door open and silenced himself. He was sure he stopped breathing for a moment.
The floor was oddly comfortable despite the hardness of it.

"Jisung?"
"Sungie are you here?"
Changbin and Hyunjin checked the walk-in closet before the older crouched down on the floor only to see a shaken up Jisung under the bed.
"Hyunjin is very sorry. Please come out." Changbin made sure to speak softly to encourage the youngest to come out of his hiding spot.
However that did not work.
"No"

"Sungie, please I am sorry."
Hyunjin pleaded as he looked at the younger straight in the eyes trying to apologise.
Jisung stayed quiet as he shivered out of cold and shock. Along with the fever, the hit and yelling were not a good combination.

No one really knew why he reacted so strongly whenever someone yelled or acted in a bad manner, but it did worry them.

"Come on."

It took the two around twenty minutes to get Jisung out from under the bed.
Hyunjin profusely apologised to the younger and gave him the most sincere and warmest hug he ever could have.
He made sure that the younger was comfortable, even fetching a cold wetted towel to put on his forehead and fed the bed ridden boy some chicken soup.

After eating half of the soup, with a hoarse voice the youngest of the three told Hyunjin he'd had enough. Jisung weakly slumped down on the bed, not really having the energy to do anything, not to speak or to move.

"How are you feeling?" The older carefully asked wiping Jisung's forehead from all the sweat that was forming on it.
"Not that good. Everything hurts." A whine left Jisung's mouth as he tried moving into a more comfortable position.
"I am so sorry I hit you."
Hyunjin was definitely regretful about hitting his best friend and made sure that the younger knew it too.

Jisung fell asleep quickly under Hyunjin's touch as the older gently stroked his hair and smoothed his forehead. He was tired and sick so it was quite easy for him to fall asleep and Hyunjin stayed with him the whole time as he slept to make sure he was okay and in case he needed anything while regretting his words and actions of the day.

Changbin came to check on the two after a couple hours of dead silence with a wet towel and a thermometer in his hands.

"I'm glad you apologised," he smiled noticing Hyunjin laying next to Jisung and scrolling through his phone.
"Does he still feel hot?"
The blonde gently put his hand on Jisung's forehead, feeling the extreme warmth of it nearly burning his hand.
"Yes."
"Take that will you? And measure his temperature."
Hyunjin took the thermometer and stuck it carefully to the youngest's ear.

"38,7"

"Put that on his forehead." Changbin handed the new wet towel to him and took the old one back so they could switch between the two towel.
"Let's hope it goes down quickly."
"When he wakes up, get him to measure his temperature again and give him some water. I doubt he'll be able to get up from the bed anytime soon."

The rest of the night went by with Hyunjin sleeping in Jisung's room and helping him get to the bathroom if needed and giving him water.

It was rare for Jisung to be in that bad of a shape so they made sure to do their best to take care of him so he would be able to get well soon.

———————————
Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it and Iwill try to post more soon. I'm also available for requests if anyone has any?

Though I probably can't write smut because I am bad at that xD

-Jenna