Chapter 1

April 12th 2021

My eyes glimpsed open as I hear the ear shrieking sound of my alarm that practically blinds me with the glow of the numbers '06:20'.

I rose from my bed and adjusted my back so I would be in a comfortable position, I wipe my eyes and start looking around my room in hopes my cat would be sitting there waiting for a couple head pats, I look at my calendar I got from the local Asda in December to be 'prepared for the new year' and a sigh escapes my breath as I realise its a Monday and that I have to go to school

My name is Natalie Jeffords, I'm 15, and I'm in year 10, I'm Scottish but my accent is not heavy but not light, I live in England and have for 9 years, I moved here when I was 6 because my dad thought it would be a good idea since he is a historian and wants to work at hever Castle. My skin looks stained from fake tan but  Its actually my natural skin colour, my eyes are seaweed green and I have this cat named George Hampton Richards Carols the XVI.

I stood up from my bed and slid my feet into my white fluffy slippers and walked over to my wardrobe, I open the doors just for 13 hats and bucket hats I bought when I went down town last month with my best mates, My best mates are Becky, Jade and...

I stood up from my bed and slid my feet into my white fluffy slippers and walked over to my wardrobe, I open the doors just for 13 hats and bucket hats I bought when I went down town last month with my best mates, My best mates are Becky, Jade and Chloe.

Becky McCormick - She's been my best friend since I was 5, she has black hair that's neatly tossed into a pony tail, her hair is jet black with shimmers of brunette, her eyes are olive green and her skin is pale, she has a scar over her eye from when we were 10 and in year 6 and we snuck into the canteen and started mucking about, next thing you know I slash her eye by accident during a 'sword fight', she's on the  ground screaming, I'm holding her eye with a cloth I found dangling on the stove and the head teacher hovering over us scolding us for sneaking into the canteen even though our teacher said we couldn't go to the canteen because we were talking in lesson so we and the rest of the class were held back, he got fired for denying us food.

(Her hair is covering the scar)

Chloe Brock - She's been a my best mate since the first day of year 7, she was crying in the bathroom and with her lisp and her tears she told me she was scared and from then on out I was always there with her, also I do not trust her to be on her own, she has platinum blonde hair that's as thick as a sheep's wool that hasn't been tamed in 2 months, her eyes are a warm amber shade with a glimpse of gold hidden behind her pupils, she always comes in every day with bruises or cuts or anything, she says she is just prone to accidents but something tells me shes lying. Her skin is porcelain white and she always comes into school with her