Chapter 4

We were running fast and hard away from Jasper, which felt wrong, everything in me was screaming for us to go back for him, save him.  I knew that if I wanted to live in this very moment I had to keep running until Monty tripped over bones.

"Monty, get up!" I hear Octavia pled but Monty looks like he is still in shock from seeing bones that close to his face. 

" Who are they?" Finn asked looking towards Clarke leaning down towards the pile of bones, and picking up what looked like a skull, I heard crows screeching in the background, and I felt sick for leaving Jasper there.

"What are they?" I asked looking at the large almost ape-like brow ridge on the skull in Clarke's hand. 

"We are so screwed," Octavia said the color had drained from her skin which just worsen when we heard a scream off in the distance.

 Clarke gasped looking in the direction that the scream came from  "Jasper."

" He's alive. " I finished for her, both of our heads turning and looking at one another before we ran off in the direction that it came from.  

" Clarke, " I heard Finn yell, he was following us.

"Aspen! wait." Octavia yelled from further behind, Monty was probably helping her and they were hobbling behind all of us. Shit. I can't leave an injured Octavia like that, Monty wouldn't be able to protect her. 

"Wait! Wait." Finn called out again and I thought about slowing my feet down, but I knew if it were me out there instead of Jasper I would want everyone to try to come and save me. Clarke and I were back to where we saw Jasper get stabbed when we were both grabbed sending us back. 

 "Stay out of the trees." Finn panted, none of us have ever run this much like this.  Sure, there were treadmills on the Ark, but you were limited to time and speed with them, and I was pretty sure Alpha was the only station to be able to use them.  

While we ran away from whatever shot Jasper took him, all of us were speechless for a moment, just staring at where our friend once was.

"He was right there." Clarke was shaking her head slightly in disbelief.

 "No. Where is he? " Monty panted the sadness and pain painted all over his face was clear as day.

"They took him." Clarke sighed, her voice had a tone of disbelief that pulled at even my heartstrings.

"So we go find whatever creature took him and make them wish they were never born." I cocked my head to the side still looking at where Jasper once laid impaled.

"Look, Aspen, we don't know what's out there, and we don't know what they are capable of we need to get some weapons at least or something," Finn said, his voice too calm for my liking. I rolled my eyes at him and then looked at Octavia and bit my lip.

"Although I don't agree with Finn's pussy thoughts, Octavia needs to get back to the camp.  Girl you're honestly so badass being out here on that leg as long as you have been, I would have been bitching so much." I smiled at my best friend who rolled her eyes and crossed her arms towards me. 

"I'm fine, but I think we should go get my brother, he has a gun." We all looked towards her, a gun. 

"Well, that would certainly help." Finn crossed his arms, his face stone the mask he was wearing told me that he didn't like the thought of bringing Bellamy into anything. 

So we started walking back to the camp, Octavia and I talked while Monty and I helped her walk back. Monty would make small comments or blush depending on what we would say at that moment.