Unchained: chapter one

Darkness. That was the only thing visible in the cold room. I struggled, feeling the coldness of the metal around my wrists. My breath came in gasps, the fear building.

There was a loud screech as someone opened a door. Bright lights came on, blinding me momentarily. Once my eyes adjusted, I had almost wished they hadnt. I was in some sort of torture room. A room I had never seen before. All across the plain gray walls were pictures of me. Me walking out of a store. Me in a car. Me eating lunch and hundreds more. It was like a shrine.

"Hello Olivia. I've been waiting for a very long time for this." I jumped, not even registering the fact that there was a woman standing in the doorway.

She was gorgeous. Her hair fell just above her shoulders in raven black waves, shining in the dim light. Her lips a beautiful pink, full and desirable to most. I looked into her eyes and knew that I was in for hell of a ride. She wasn't normal. Her eyes burned the brightest emerald green.

"Who are you? And what am I doing here?" I questioned, struggling against the chains keeping me connected to the wall. I sat up on my knees, pulling so hard that the chains dug painfully into my wrists. I gasped in agony and gave up.

"Oh honey, there's no point in fighting. You won't be getting out of those." She walked forward and bent down in front of me. I stared the other way and when she tried to touch my face, I flinched away.

There was a sudden stinging pain on my right cheek and I felt a warm liquid running down my neck. Gasping in shock, I looked at this stranger. She was holding a whip in her hand, swinging it back and forth, breathing wildly.

"I don't handle rejection well." She smiled again, leaning down and licking my wound. I flinched but stayed absolutely still. "Good. You taste delicious. And my name is Rayne."

I stared at her in absolute amazement. The fact that I had been kidnapped by a psycho wouldnt register. I just sat in shock, completely numb.

"Now, I think you need to apologize." She smiled sweetly, still swinging the whip in circles. I followed it with my eyes, keeping my mouth shut. Rayne smiled wider, understanding that I wasn't going to speak. "Tsk tsk honey." And with that, she brought the whip back down in a sudden and powerful arch. It hit so hard that my shirt ripped violently and my shoulder was exposed. I clenched my teeth so as not to scream.

"Why?" I asked after a moment. "Why are you doing this to me?" I could feel every beat of my heart in the new wounds. Blood dripped down my shoulder, running the length of my arm. Her nostrils flared as it dripped to the concrete. Could she smell me?

"Can't we save the questions for later? I just want to have a little fun." Rayne asked, playfully whipping the ground next to me. I flinched and moved, making her laugh in amusement.

"Fuck you, you psycho bitch!" I screamed, the shame of flinching getting to me. As soon as I said it, Rayne's face dropped.

"What did you just say?" She asked threateningly. I remained silent, knowing I had hit a nerve. I said nothing, hoping she wasn't too angry. Rayne leaned down to whisper in my ear. "You're really going to regret that."

"Please." I begged, shaking. "I didn't mean it." She wasn't happy and apologizing meant nothing.

"It's a little too late now. The damage is done." She grinned, pushing me against the wall by my neck. She squeezed just enough to cut off my air way. After not breathing, I attempted to grab at her wrists but the chains wouldn't allow me to.

Just before I believed I was going to pass out, she let go. I dropped to the cold floor, my face pressed against the concrete. My breath came out in gasps and I choked, my throat on fire.

"Get up. Now." She hissed in my ear. I groaned but didnt attempt to move. "I would for your sake, get up." Still, I stayed on the ground, enjoying the coldness.

And there was a sudden crack as the whip connected with my back followed by intense pain. Followed by another. And another. I couldn't help but scream after the fourth hit. As I screamed, she laughed, enjoying every moment. I sat up as quick as possible but just as she was bringing the whip down for another blow. It hit directly across my chest, ripping the already torn shirt to shreds. Blood ran down my chest and I screamed again.

"Please!" I gasped, tears pouring down my face. "God, please stop." The pain was overwhelming. I could feel the blood leaving my body.

"Apologize. Or I will continue." She ordered softly and sweetly. I stared at her, more than determined.

I pursed my lips, willing myself to atleast keep my pride. She smiled, bringing the whip behind her again. I closed my eyes. It hit across my face and the pain had me passing out. Into the darkness again.