1. Meeting the naga

Accompagnied by armed guards, you walked through the research base, trying your best to ignore the whispers and sympathetic glances thrown your way.

'they're already mourning me..' That thought passed through your head, making you sweatdrop and sigh. Reaching the door, you watched as one of the guard used a keycard, a low beeing sound was heard before the door opened.

It revealed the enclosure in all it's beauty. You breathed in and out, almost forgetting the very threatening naga slithering around somewhere in that terrarium.

And then it hits you, the intense feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach. The whole atmosphere was completely different in that enclosure. The humans were always at the top of the food chain, werenlt they ? But now that they found a predator even more dangerous than them, they could only cower in fear.

Forcing yourself to snap out of it, your voice shook as you spoke.

"Uhm, i'm not sure what to do now.." You mumbled out, looking back behind you and expecting to see the guards. Only to see a puddle of blood and some teared up parts of clothing.

"Oh, oh god." Your voice wavered as you took a step back, placing a hand in front of your mouth while your eyes widened.

A low, hissing sound made you jump back, and your eyes met those cerulean ones again. He seemed amused not even breaking a sweat after effortlessly killing the armed guards in silence.

And as soon as you took a step back, his tail wrapped around your leg and pulled you down to the ground. A shriek left your lips as he slithered back to wherever he wanted, dragging you behind him like one of his preys.

Your nails were digging in the dirt, your body shaken up by the bump and mud of the terrarium, coughing and shrieking all the way until he stopped.

You wheezed as he lifted you up by the ankle, hanging upside down as he stared down at you, almost hungrily. You stared back, completely terrified and starting to feel out of it with the blood rushing to your head.

"A-Are you going to kill me ?" You forced the words out, yelping when he suddenly dropped you back to the ground and towering over your coughing form.

"Of course," he mused, his coils wrapping a little too tight around you while his tongue flickered out from between his lips, tasting the air around you.

"W-Were you just trying to lure me out ? D-Didn't you have other motives ? Something to ask ?" You tentatively tried to distract him in someway, forcing him to think back about his actions.

He hummed in thought, just staring down at your tousled form before leaning down, close to your face.

"Simple. Free me right now or i'll kill you by ripping off all your limbs one by one." His tone lowered, voice colder and harsher as he almost snarled at you. His coils tightened almost painfully around you, squeezing and crushing your smaller and more fragile body with it's strength.

"I-I'll see what I can do !" You gasped out, closing your eyes and fearing for the worse when he stopped squeezing. You could feel his gaze on you but couldn't bring yourself to open your eyes, too scared to meet his gaze.

"Why did they even let you go in my territory anyway, are humans that dumb ?" His coils tightened and loosened around you, his gaze unwavering as he watched your face contort into one of pain everytime he squeezed harder.

"What I did was trying to lure you in, in the easiest and dumbest way possible," He chuckled, his serpentine-like lower body loosening around you as he slithered behind you, leaning down close to the junction between your neck and shoulder.