Taste in men

"Let's all take a breather today and gear up for tomorrow, no doubt about it!" Arshiya exclaimed cheerfully, tossing the room keycards to Shubman and Abhishek with a playful grin.

"I'm rooming with the bride, and-"

"Could you please stop calling me the bride! I have a name, Aaru. You've been calling me that for the past month!!!" Sana interrupted annoying.

"Alright, alright! I'm staying with my bestie, Sana." Arshiya spoke in a baby voice, clinging on to Sana playfully pinching her cheeks.

"Our other bestie bailed on us for her boyfriend, so it's eye-rolling time whenever she talks to us. And Shub! I have a tiny request." Arshiya continued, looking at Ishika, who responded with a cute puppy face.

"Considering you're stuck with our youngest girlie for like three days, Ishu and I have a work trip coming up. I swear, if she comes up to me saying, 'Hey Aaru, I've got a baby bump so you'll have to carry all my luggage,' then I'm definitely suing you!" Arshiya joked, provoking embarrassed blushes from Ishika and annoyed glances from Shubman, while the rest them chuckled.

"Kuch bhi bolti hai yaar Aaru. She's out of her mind, isn't she?" Shubman said, gently tapping Arshiya on the head.

"She's got a point, though. You guys aren't exactly reliable on that front, you know?" Ishan teased earning a sharp glare from Shubman.

"You guys continue the bickering, I'm off to catch some Z's. I plan to snooze the day away so I can fully savor tomorrow and day after ofcourse!" Sana declared, swiping her room's keycard at the door.

The rest of them also ended up in their respective rooms to rest for the entire day.

______

Arshiya stood outside the hotel room 169 door. She gave a sharp knock, then leaned in close to the peephole.

"Alright, boys, time to let the sunshine in!" she called out.

After what felt like eternity Ishan opened the door. "Did you like stop for a cup of tea on the way to the door? I almost forgot why I knocked in the first place, Almost." She spoke earning a sheepish smile from Ishan.

Abhay who was as usual sleeping woke up ,"What's going on?"

"Sana is probably having a bad time, basically period cramps and she wants you there. She can't really keep calm you know?
Ab kya hi kare, apne hone waale pati parmeshwar ke bina raha kaha jata." Arshiya spoke dramatically earning a smack from her big brother.

"I'll go check on her." He began to walk away, but Arshiya caught his arm , "Not so fast," she said, "I expect a room swap for the night because I'm pretty sure she ain't letting you come back. You cozy up with Sana, and I'll keep Dr. Ishan entertained. I need chocolates for the favour though. Deal?"

"I need chocolates for the favour though" Abhay imitated his sister and hit her again causing her to groan in frustration.

"Now go work your magic on Sana." Arshiya winked.

With a cheeky salute, Abhay disappeared from the room and knocked on Sana's door.

As soon as she opened it, Abhay suddenly bursted into the room, striking a wrestler's pose and adopting a melodramatic announcer's voice. "And now, entering the ring, weighing in at... well, let's not disclose that information! It's the one, the only, Abhay 'The Tickler' Sharma!"

Before Sana could react, Abhay circled her, who rolled her eyes in mock annoyance. Then, without warning, he jumped forward and wrapped his arms around her, trapping her in a bear hug. But instead of squeezing tightly, he started tickling her mercilessly, causing her to squirm and laugh uncontrollably.

Ofcourse Abhay knew how to calm his girl down. Ofcourse.

_______

"What do we do now doctor?" Arshiya asked as she sat down on the bed.

"It's literally 10 pm ma'am, what do you expect?" Ishan shrugged.

"Oh comeon dinbhar sote hue bitaya hai maine, ab need nahi aa rahi. I wonder what shubman and ishika must be doing" Arshiya spoke with a mischievous smirk.

"Let's have some fun? " Ishan joined in.

The balconies of their rooms were separated by a not so tall boundary wall.
Arshiya and Ishan, helping each other to climb ended up in Shubman Ishika's balcony.

Through the huge glass windows but with the curtains on, they could figure out the lights were off.
"They're probably asleep." Ishan spoke.

"Yep, seems like Shubman took my warning seriously. " Arshiya giggled.

Soon after, the two realised that the smaller window was open.

Arshiya smirked while taking out something from her crago pant's pocket.

"Wait, a spider?" Ishan widened his eyes.

"Oh dumb doctor, it's a toy!" Arshiya replied caressing it.

"And why do you carry a spider toy with you?" Ishan asked giving a weird look.

"Because ishika hates it and I definitely had to pay her back for ditching me twice." Arshiya spoke while trying to sneak in.

"Wait what the fuck?" Ishan asked panicking looking at her trying to get through the small window.

"You're huge so you can't really fit in, but my tiny little ass can, so I guess I'll just have to do the job." Arshiya shrugged while finally getting in.

______

Laughing and giggling the two finally returned to their room.

"So you kept the spider next to her pillow in order to give her a heart attack next morning? That's pretty umm bad you know? That can be pretty harmful." Ishan stated.

"Oh cut the crap I've done that like a hundred times! I just can't wait for ishika to get up in the morning." Arshiya spoke while searching for songs on her phone's music app.

Hoshwaalon ko khabar kya by Jagjit singh plays.

"I love this gaana man! You've got a good taste in must say." Ishan spoke while humming onto the song.

Hoshwalon ko khabar kya

Bekhudi kya cheez hai

Ishq ki jaye phir samajhiye

Zindagi kya cheez hai...

"You know I'm so in love with this song, telling you just in case, you know, Vecna chooses to curse me or something." Arshiya spoke earning a confused look from Ishan.

"Venman what?" Ishan asked.

"Vecna!? You do not know Vecna, wait don't tell me you haven't seen Stranger Things." Arshiya widened her eyes.

"Is that a film?" Ishan asked.

"Oh God, thank god I didn't choose PCB in 11th standard." Arshiya mumbled while giving Ishan and unbelievable look.

"Okay decided, we're watching stranger things tonight!
I'll introduce you to my beautiful husband as well. He's basically a mama to many kids, you'll love him!" Arshiya spoke excitedly while turning on Netflix.

They spent the night binge watching the entire season 1, while Ishan judged Arshiya for her choice in men until Season 2 of the show began.
It was around 7 am and they were on episode 2.

Their peace was broken by a loud scream. The two shared glances.

Ishika was awake.

A/n
With the news of season 5 shooting, I'm currently obsessed with stranger things again. I've rewatched it like a 100 times.
Q- Have y'all seen it?
Who's your favourite character and least favourite character?

To all those reading-

  ∧,,,∧
(  ̳• · • ̳)
/    づ♡ I love you