Derek Hale::Chapter 8

"Why now and why with me?" I ask furiously avoiding Stiles's eyes.

Scott looks at me weirdly and opens his mouth to say something but Stiles interrupts him.

"Are you mad at me or something?" He whispers and my heart pangs with guilt.

Scott keeps silent looking back and forth between us.

"No of course not," I whisper back my voice threatening to break.

Stiles steps closer ignoring Scott's curious looks and puts two fingers under my chin.

Energy flows through me and I'm sure there's a blush forming on my cheeks.

He slightly pushes my chin up forcing me to look into those beautiful hazel eyes and now I can't look away.

"Then what's wrong?" His voice caring and soft.

I cant push my feelings awat not when he acts like this. Like there's already something.

I feel memorized in those eyes but I know it'll never happen. I'm his best friend I can't.

"I'm just scared and embarassed," my voice whispers like a little girl. It's the truth.

A smirk enlightens his face and he drops his fingers from my face and tries to cover the redness on his face.

"What's going on?" An annoyed voice asks in a loud voice and I remember that Scott is still here. Watching, hearing.

Damn it.

Stiles turns and looks at him with wide eyes and now it's his turn to be speechless.

"Uh- nothing- Stiles didn't do nothing- nope nothing," he stammers and I try not to laugh at his third person excuses.

I'm falling for Stiles and I'm falling fast.

Scott shoots me a big brother look, although he isn't one, and signals the conversation we for sure are going to have at home.

We start following him down the street and into the woods. I don't object lost in my own world.

What just happened? Does he like me? Do I like him? Should I like him?

"We need to find my inhaler first," Scott says already looking to the ground.

Nodding I turn on my phone shining the light, looking for the 30 dollar inhaler.

Stiles looks as well but he dosent seem interested.

" Where's the body," he whines and this time I can't control my laughter.

He dosent care about Scott's inhaler at all. He wants to see the body.

Scott rolls his eyes and searches frantically.

My hands trail the ground but not in my own accord.

What's happening?

And then it comes back to me.

" The body, it was here," My voice is surprisingly strong.

Stiles looks at me with curiosity and crouched down with me. Scott stands above looking down with regonition.

"What are you doing here?" A deep voice threateningly. Comically I turn my head around slowly ad my heart beats loudly.

Stiles jumps up I'm fright and Scott looks at the speaker.

He is dark and brooding and is dressed in all black.

"This is private property," he continues and I truly hope he can't hear my heart.

"I'm sorry we were just looking for my brother's inhaler," I say. For some reason even though, I don't know this guy, he makes my blood boil.

" Still private property," he says with a hint of amusment in his voice.

I take a few steps towards him, anger rushing through me uncontrollably.

"Yeah well its still an inhaler asshole,"

It was supposed to throw him off guard but he just stands there with no smile on his face, arms folded.

"Bryn," Stiles whispers from behind me cautiously stepping forward.

I don't know why but this stranger in the woods isn't and will never be on my good side.

Suddenly he flicks his pale hand and throws something to Scott.

His inhaler.

" Uh.." Stiles coughs behind me and grabs my arm.

I cant help but feel butterflies I'm my stomach and the heat on my neck.

Not now Bri.

Scott turns and starts speed walking away and Stiles follows dragging me by the arm.

" You think you can outrun an alpha," His voice rings out through the woods making my blood run cold and I stay frozen in my spot.

I look back at the man, wide eyed, and the only thing I notice is Stiles gripping my arm tighter.

" Brianna Mcall you are something," he continues in a strong and condescending voice.

"A scare woman, haven't seen one in so long," He then turns on his heel and walks off into the depths of the woods leaving me struck with shock.

"Bri what was he talking about?" One of the boys whisper from behind me but I'm not paying attention.

A scare woman. I'm stupid for pushing away last night's events. Scott was bitten and I screamed at the sight of a body. Scott's senses were enhanced.

Stiles Pov

She looks on into the desolate woods her eyes wide as if she's noticing something.

"Bryn?" I whisper.

What's going on? What the hell is a scare woman? Was I really that close to her moments ago?

Stupid Stiles! Not the time!

She looks as if she's kn a trance and she dosent answer anyone of us.

"Brianna?" Scott whispers but I know it's no use. I pull on her arm and she turns to me her face pale.

"A scare woman," she mutters and I'm starting to worry about her.

"Bri come on we're going home," I say dragging her with me, Scott leading the way occasionally looking back at her.

God is something happens to her I
swear to God.

We start walking back to the Mcall ' s house, Brianna walking in between us.

" I'll take her to her room," Scott says softly and takes her arm pulling her away from my grip.

I gulp, nodding looking at her retreating figure, slumped onto Scott's shoulder.

" I'll see you at Jackson's party tonight," he says with a smirk on his face.

My boy has a date with a hot girl.

Allison Argent.

All I can do is nod and look on as he carries Brianna into the house shutting the door behind him.