Compromise

Aries' POV

Bing!

Finally, the intercom bings for dismissal. "Good afternoon, Vee High. Before we begin dismissal, I would like to announce the annual Spring Fling coming up next week to commemorate the coming of spring. Bus riders, your are now dismissed. Car riders, please wait for the next announcement." Said the principal through the intercom as the halls bustled and hustled.

"See ya later," I said, waving to my friend as I walked into the hall. I stopped and reached in my bad to my money stash. $1000. I would give it to that Glaceon chick. She was new, but it seemes like she knows this school by the back of her paw by now. There she is! In the distance, I see her with Icicle. Huh, that reminds me. I don't even know her name. But I don't need names just to pull a girl.

Dang, she's pretty. And she hangs with Icicle - the popular girls. Looks like I'll have to break up with Salad. I try to find the Leafeon in the crowd - I know she's a bus rider, I went home with her once. Where is she?

Finally, I find Salad. She seems happy to see me. "Hey," I say. "I'm breaking up with you." Salad looked shocked, confused, sad. "What? Why?" She said, tearing up. Was she really gonna cry in this huge crowd where anyone could be watching, even though you don't see anyone watching you?

"It's just... Hard to explain. Bye." And I left her crying in the crowd. Some laughed, others jocked. I just ran away.

I leaned against the locker just when that Glaceon rounded the bend. I stepped in front of her, stopping her. I pulled out the money and offered it. "Be my girlfriend."

Icicle and Millie, a Shiny Sylveon, stopped to see her reaction. The Glaceon looked me dead in the eye. She chuckles. "I'm afraid that's not how it works." Then I handed her the money. "Be my girlfriend," I say again, "and all this is yours." She pushed my paw away from her. "Not happening." I stared at her in shock as she walked breezily away.

I run up to her again. Ain't no way she's saying no this time. "What do you mean? I'm offering you money. Take it, all of it." I say. "No." I plead one last time. "Just be my girlfriend! Please?"

"Do you not know how to leave people alone?" Said the Glaceon to me, smacking my orange paw into my beige fluff, sending money flying. "I don't like you. I'm sorry, it's just the way it is, and it's not like you can change it." You sure about that? I thought puffing out my chest. You're mine, Snowfall.

---

"Okay, kiss marry kill... Icicle, Sylvie, Fern." I said to the boys. It was getting dark at Tamao's house and we were invited. "Ew. Seriously?" Tamao muttered. "These girls? They're plenty other options." I shook my head and finally he gave an answer.

"Kill Sylvie. Kiss Icicle, and marry Fern," Tamao said. "No, no, no. You've got it flipped around!" Spark jutted in. "Kill Fern, kiss Sylvie and marry Icicle." "Uh, id marry Sylvie. I'd kill Icicle and kiss Fern." Said Delta.

"Uhm. I would marry Fern, kiss Icicle, and kill Sylvie, so the same thing as Tamao." Said Flare.

"Pfft," I say. "Well then, Aries. Kiss marry kill: Millie, Autumn, and Snowfall." Hah, this should be easy! "Kill, kiss, marry, in the order that you said the names." I say. "So, kill Millie, kiss Autumn and marry Snowfall?" I nodded. "Ah, of course. Aries is so predictable."

"Tamao, I heard you was talking to an Espeon in your math class." Delta said. "Not in that way, no. She helps me with math." Flare whispered something to Delta, then Delta whispered to Spark, and Spark to me. "Me, Delta and Flare are in a bet to see who gets the Espeon first for money. You in?" I shake my head. "Also, one more thing. Don't tell Tamao." I nod and he turns away from my ear. The boys snicker, and I do, too.