Chapter 3: August! p1

August POV

I'm pumped to perform tonight. Though, I am kind of tired....But I must please my fans. Right now I'm getting dressed and warming up my vocals. My show is in NYC. I'm always excited to perform here. After being satisfied with how my voice sounded, I decide to sit down and wait. Then suddenly I feel someone's hands cup over my eyes.

"Guess who." A familiar voice says with a giggle and I quickly realize who the hands belong to.

"Nicki?" I ask in disbelief. She giggles and removes her hands. I'm not gonna say much but she has a nigga feeling some type of way. I stand up and look down at her. Our height difference is hilarious.

"Why are you so tall?" She frowns. I chuckle.

"Why you so short, shorty?" I answer. She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. I love short girls because it's fun to pick at them.

"What are you doing here anyways?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I wanted to surprise you." She says while sitting down. I grin from ear to ear. She starts messing with her ponytail and is about to speak again but she gets cut off by my manager.

"Almost time! 5 minutes, August!" He says and leaves quickly. Nicki stands up and hugs me. As I'm walking out she calls out my name.

"Wait a second." She says and catches up with me. I stop and turn around. She stands on her tippy toes and gives me a kiss near my mouth.

"You'll be great." She smiles exposing her dimples. I smile back as a response. I really do like her.

• • • • • •

3...2...1...

"Aye, I was hoping I could sing a couple songs for ya tonight?" I say making the crowd scream yes. I smile and start doing my thing. After 2 songs I feel dizzy and tired. Then the next thing I know, I'm on the ground knocked tf out.

Nicki POV

When I saw August hit the ground I'm thinking ok maybe he just tripped or something. But then he never gets up. I want to scream but I can't. It's like nothing would come out. I run out there and sit on my knees right beside him. I check for a pulse. He has one but it's very weak.

"Oh my god, somebody call 911" I scream causing the crowd to go in complete chaos. I sit beside him the whole time until 911 arrives. I watch them load him onto a stretcher and place him on the back of an ambulance. I follow them to the hospital. I cry the whole way there. I try to think positive but negative thoughts keep invading their way in. What if this...what if that...what if... I manage to calm myself down as I pull up in to the hospital's parking lot. I just keep taking deep breaths and thinking positive. He'll be fine. I check in at the front desk and wait until I'm able go see him. I sit there waiting for hours. After 5 hours, the doctor says it's ok for visitors. The only thing was...he's unresponsive but he's alive and breathing. I go in and sit by him.

"August." I cry after seeing all of the machines he's hooked up to. I grab his hand and I hold it as it begins shaking. I look up at him and notice his whole body is too. I push a red button and nurses and doctors come running in. They escort me out and roll him to another unit. What is happening? He seemed just fine earlier.

• • • • • •

Short little chapter, poor August.