History 2: The one where there is an interdimensional tug-of-war

Once upon a time there was a destroyed land, wasted away and lost. And so most of the few people that were left decided they wanted to leave. But not only did they want to leave the land, but they wanted to leave the entire world.

The goddesses, because they loved their people, realized that this was unfortunately indeed the only way for them to survive and thus decided to let them go. In this timeline next to none would be left and those left would soon grow old and die as most of the people already had. 
But at least the people who left would manage to reform society from wherever they ended up and would return as soon as the next reincarnation circle drew near, the goddesses told themselves. Because the people who had left would survive and their descendants would someday return for Hyrule was a part of them as much as they were a part of it. All were loved by the goddesses who made them.

And thus to ease the goodbye from their old world, the goddesses took an old gift, so old it had almost become forgotten by history – the Lightforce, not the Triforce, because the Triforce may never leave Hyrule lest the land shall wither and die irreversibly - and changed it slightly to help and guide the people in their new land.

The people thanked their goddesses profoundly, opened a portal with the changed Lightforce to another world, a new dimension, and left.

But halfway into the long journey, which the goddesses managed to watch due to the tunnel belonging to their influence sphere, the goddesses realized that the reincarnation circle had already started again and its three parts were part of those leaving and thus the last hope for this dying part of the timeline was leaving, too.

Desperate, the goddesses tried to draw the leavers back, but the leavers were already too far into the new universe. Thus a two-sided tug war between the goddesses and the other universe occured, all over the tunnel made by the changed Lightforce, because the new universe was greedy and didn’t want to give back what it had gotten.

Under the strain the Lightforce broke into two parts:
One part was flung into the new universe together with the travelers, where it was quickly unchangeable ingrained into the history of the new world, the new universe, and the travelers’ memories were erased and replaced to fit their new home, as were their bodies by the power set free in that blast.
The second part stayed where the tug war had happened, keeping a small hole for the goddesses to lurk through open. 

Other deities were able to use this connection between worlds as well. One used it to gather lost souls of the other universe to keep safe in a dreamworld until they were ready to awaken together…

The golden goddesses meanwhile saw the new and greedy and cold universe and were appalled. And so they traveled slightly into the past to sent dreams and inspirations through that hole between universes, thus changing the other universe’s history slightly by influencing their creators.
That way they gave a tiny piece of their old home to the travelers, hoping that it may be enough to guide the lost reincarnations home and thus save this part of their timeline after all…

o0O0o

Legend should get a hug.✔

A bus drove down the streets of Hyrule.

Warriors should blink.✔

HOW TO SURVIVE

Always stay with at least one Link at any time.

Find a way to contact home.

Find a way to get home.

Get lots of useful items.

Get proper weapons.

Find a way to get more “hearts” (whatever they are in this reality) without dying or preferably not having to fight boss monsters.

Get the Links under no circumstances to mistrust, dislike or hate you.

Find a way to understand the Links. Communication is key.

Survive (best would be unharmed).

Get home (and get a way to take exam).