10 ~ His embrace

AISHA

My world shook down when the doctor came out of the room and informed me that Dadi has passed away. I started yelling right there at the hospital.

Somehow, Priyanka and her family controlled me. They were the ones who prepared everything for her last rites.

I was the one to give fire to her pyre. My hands shivered while doing this although this wasn't my first time.

With this very hand, I've given fire to the pyres of my maa, papa's and sister's body.

And now, I am officially and orphan. I have no one whom I can call as my family.

I was sitting inside my room when someone knocked on the door of my house.

I ignored it completely.

Once, twice, thrice, fourth time and then on the fifth time that person started banging on the door.

I stood up from my place to open the door.

I opened the door slowly and moved my gaze up to look at Vivaan sir who was standing on the door.

"Sir.. you," I muttered in a low voice.

"Can I come in?", he asked slowly.

I nodded my head and showed him the way inside.

I was shocked to see him here. I took him inside the hall and signalled him to sit on the sofa.

I sat myself up on the chair placed in front of the sofa after he sat down.

Silence was surrounding us.

"Uh- water?", he asked.

I nodded my head and moved inside. I came back with a glass of water in my hand and forwarded it to him.

I took the seat again on the same place as earlier.

He emptied the glass of water and kept it aside on the table.

We were still silent.

"Uh- Two weeks passed, you took the leave for just a week", he spoke slowly.

I knew that I should have joined my office back until now, but I didn't wanted to see any more faces and face everyone. And also about the advance, I hadn't forgotten about it.

I nodded my head and answered slowly, "I'll join soon, I remember about the advance", my voice was extremely low.

"Aisha, are you okay?", he looked deep inside my eyes and my eyes turned moist instantly.

"Hey, is everything okay, you can tell me?", he moved forward and tried to comfort me with his words but suddenly tears started rolling down my eyes.

He stood up immediately and moved closer to me. He patted his hands on my shoulders and said, "Stop crying. Please. Please ".

My gazes were lowered down.

"Tell me what's the problem? I'll solve everything. Tell me".

I started crying more and more thinking that how can he solve my problem. Can he bring my family back to me? I replied, "You cannot".

I was sobbing hard. I wasn't able to control myself.

And suddenly he pulled me towards him. My body hit against his and I felt his arms wrapping around my body.

"What happened Aisha? Tell me. I'm listening".

I became more emotional.

I spoke in broken words, "Da... Dadi ....pass...passed away". I started to sob more.