"Wake up call."

I woke up hesitantly, life was incredibly dull in copper-17.....I rolled over in my bed just the slightest bit to check my alarm clock....7:30 am.....It registers in my brain...Err, chip....Yeah, I'm a drone, did I mention that? probably an important detail. A worker drone to be perfectly honest. Sound familiar, that's because this was done before. By a company named Jc Jensen....."IN SPAAAAAAACCCCEEEE" Our kind is a shameless ripoff created by a company named eclipse. Used to be humans on this planet....They blew themselves up, you get the idea. I unplug the cord from my head, the battery icon vanishing and slowly roll out of bed, groaning I walk down the stairs and....Jaiden was laying in the living room floor...With a buffering icon on his screen. "Hey Lacey...Uh, your friend..."
"acquaintance" I corrected my father. "Yes, Jaiden is uh...I think he crashed or something..." Father figure stated, sitting down on the couch, crushing the can of oil light aginst his head. I knelt down next to Jaiden and opened the panel on the back of his head. I hold out my hand and let the absolute solver do its work. I closed the panel and Jaiden got up like nothing happened. "Woah, I had the craziest dream, I died!" He stated. "Yeah, crazy isn't it?" I say. Father figure stands up. "Aren't you late for something?" he asked, getting out a whole buy in large box of Oil light, ready to drink his issues away. I wouldn't blame him, he watched my mother die....To those....Murder drones....I get worked up thinking about them, I shove Jaiden to the floor and run out the door to our room...Apartment....Thing and into the school area of our bunker. We have to stay underground due to the recent murder drone upbringing. I ran into class, some weird unpopular purple girl was spitting the most intense nonsense I've ever heard about how hiding under doors wasn't going to save us or something....I couldn't care less, to be perfectly honest I was asleep for the entirety of math class. I woke up to a voice. "Lacey....Lacey...LACEY!" I jolted awake looking at my teacher. "Y-yes...Lacey....Reporting for.....uh school..." I stated groggily. "Napping during class doesn't help you retain information." Teacher stated. "I-I'm sorry I'll listen bett-"
"I don't care about the grades....I just want you out of my classroom, class ended 3 HOURS AGO!" the teacher snapped. "Yes sir sorry sir!" I scrambled out of my desk and rushed into the halls. I looked at one of the boards. All missing posters. Nothing else. All of the people missing wandered outside and never came back. Naturally I had the idea to go out looking for them...What could possibly go wrong?!?! I ran into the apartment...Room...Den....Place in the underground complex where I live with my dad and...JAIDEN WAS STILL THERE-
"Yeah, I can't believe it wasn't butter either?" Jaiden stated while my dad looked interested in what he was saying. My father never truly cared about me. He would act like it around mom but in all honesty he wanted a son. Now that mother is......A-anyways he doesn't pretend to care anymore. "Imma go outside." I stated.
"There's murder drones outside." Father protested.
"I'll wear a jacket." I responded.
"Be home by nine." Father stated.
He turned to Jaiden, "So tell me the one about Butter again.." My dad asked Jaiden. I stepped into my room and grabbed a jacket. I left the room ready to find out what happened to these missing drones.....
However I really wasn't.

(TO BE CONTINUED)
BE SURE TO FOLLOW THAT SMASH BUTTON AND BELL THE RING TO MISS OUT ON ALL FURTHER PARTS, I WANT TO GET THIS BOOK TO 1000 LISTENS SO SMASH WISHLIST NOW GAMERS...