7. There might be something outside your window

I had managed to sleep for a good 9 hours. It was now 2am. My stomach grumbled, and I frowned knowing my mom didn't wake me up for dinner.

I silently tip-toe down the stairs, to keep my mom from awaking. I step into the kitchen and scan it for any possible snacks to keep me occupied until morning. I grab the container of homemade mashed potatoes from the fridge, along with a spoon, and take a seat on a stool facing the window.

Eating my food, I notice someone leaving Mikey's house. I quickly find slippers -which just so happened to be my mom's- and quietly open the front door, hoping to catch and confront Mikey. Only to find out it was in fact, not him.

"Gerard", I whisper-shout hoping to catch his attention, "why are you leaving Mikey's house?"

"What do you mean?" Gerard replied, looking back to see who called out to him.

"I mean, why are you leaving someones house at," I look down at my wrist to check my invisible watch, "2:30 in the goddamn morning?"

"Mikey is my brother dumbass, we live together, " he scoffs and rolls his eyes, "you didn't know?"

"Why the hell would I ask if I knew?" I snicker back, folding my arms and aggressively maneuvering my hips to shift my weight on my right foot.

"Ok sassy pants, go home."

"I just got here, I'm so not going back home," I start to say, "where are you going anyway?"

"To meet my dealer." He replies, blantly and deadpanning.

"Straight to the point huh?"

"Yup," he states, popping the p.

"Well Im coming with," I say, taking a few steps to meet his side.

"Whatever you say sugar," He agrees and hangs his arm over my shoulder.

We arrived at some abandoned-looking park. I suddenly point out a strange looking man to Gerard, and he pulls us towards the said strange looking man.

"Usual?" the man asks, handing Gerard a small brown paper bag.

"Yea, thanks man." Gerard replies, taking the bag in one hand and holding out money in the other. The man takes the money and practically runs away, leaving Gerard and I stranded in the park field. We end up walking around the park for a while. We didn't talk but held a comfortable silence, until Gerard spoke up.

"You still coming to my party?"

"This weekend, right?" I ask, and he nods. Grinning, and taking my hand in his, I allow it for the time being.

"Sure, only if Mikey's there though." He rolls his eyes but shrugs as it's the only way I'd actually go.

"I look forward to it," he says, shooting a suggestive wink, and removing his hand from mine to open the brown bag.

"Whatcha got there?" I curiously ask, I've never done drugs -if not counting cigarettes- so I was sort of intrigued. It was kind of like a science experiment to me, take the right amount and go on a joy-ride, take to much and face the harsh consequences. Im sure he was an expert, though. He just seemed like the stoner type of guy, not quite sure why.

"Just weed and some coke!" he replies, sing-song. I roll my eyes to his stupidity, but silently chuckle to myself. "Never knew I would be at a park, meeting some guy to buy drugs, with a jock, that I met two days ago....."
How fun!

Gerard scoffs at my comment and takes a pre-rolled joint from his leather jacket pocket. Along with a lighter, similar to mine. He lights his joint and takes a long drag, exhaling the smoke in my face.

"Hey!" I yell, shooing the smoke from my face and coughing. He chuckles and hands me the joint to take a puff of my own. I snatch it from his hands and take a drag, blowing the smoke in his face as revenge.

"Hypocrite!" he says, repeating my earlier steps by shooing the smoke away. I let out a small haha and pass the joint to him. He takes my arm as we circle the field once again. It was a silent walk, both of us observing the nature we were surrounded by -or what we could make out of it, considering it was still the early hours of morning-

"Hey Gerard?" I blurt, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"I'd better get home, it's almost 4 am." I say, taking a few steps in the other direction.

"Alright, I'll walk you." He says, catching up to my side. Since the park was only about 1/2 mile away we would be home in about 20 minutes, walking and talking we finally arrived. Gerard and I shared a quick hug before parting ways to one anothers house.

I quietly and swiftly entered my house. Without causing a disturbance, I jump in bed before grabbing my phone. I was only hoping to check the time but ended up scrolling on Instagram.

A short while later I receive a message from Mikey.

Mikes: I saw you and Gerard hugging in the middle of the street, anything you might wanna tell me?

Frank: Shit man, im sorry, i didnt want to make you angry

Though not really knowing why I was apologizing, I still did. Hoping to be the bigger person.

I place my phone on my nightstand before dozing off. Guess I would have to face the wrath of Mikey tomorrow at school.

-

Awaking from my deep slumber, I sleepily sweep my phone from the nightstand.

"Shit!" I yell, looking at the time displayed on the screen. It was already 10:30 and school started at 8. Guess I would face the wrath of mom today as well.

Hurriedly jumping out of bed, and finding the most decent clothes I could gather, I put them on along with my shoes. Grabbing my backpack and phone, I run downstairs to grab a banana and leave the house.

Running to school, I arrive at 11.

Walking into my language arts class, I take a seat next to Mikey who greets me with a not-so-happy stare. I chuckle nervously and direct my attention to the language arts lesson.

"So, you going to tell me about yesterday?" he asks, deadpanning. I take a deep breath and sigh before answering his question.

"He just to happened to be sneaking out when I was?" I asked more of a question than statement. I was hoping he wouldn't see through my obvious lie. I rub my neck, partially from embarrassment.

"I'm not mad," he starts, "just a little confused why you and my brother were hugging when I've never introduced you guys to one another"

I sigh of relief and think of a possible reply. Deciding between two possible answers I choose my latter.

"Well, on my first day, his friends were sort of bullying me well- throwing me around, and he saved me?" I wouldn't believe myself so I wasn't sure if Mikey would.

"Oh, those assholes?," he plants a face of disgust on his own. I nod in agreement, and embarrassingly force a grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I KNOW I KEEP SAYING SHIT IS GOING DOWN/ GETTING INTERESTING, BUT I SERIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO WRITE LMAOO (it will get better soon, i promise!!!)

thank u guys for 100 reads!! it means a lot, i appreciate you guys so much!!

it always makes me giggle when u guys leave silly little comments so keep them coming!! i read them all :))

ANYWAYS, lobe you guys

xoaubz