11.

Willow isn't really the social type; Jaden and I sometimes talk too loudly so she quickly turns her head back to give us an angry look. I am intimidated by her personality but also by her beauty. The more I look at her, the harder it becomes to find flaws. Most of the time, it's the other way around. The environment in which we walk looks recognizable. It's the road Jaden and I took as we walked towards the elf kingdom. In the meantime, its already very dark. I can barely see where we're walking and wonder how Willow can see so well. I thought nature lit itself up, but that's not the case here. Nature probably illuminates itself in places where it is needed. "Do you have any idea where you're going?" asks Jaden to Willow. She turns around brutally and steps closer to Jaden, bringing her face to face with him. Suddenly, I see that her eyes have turned neon green. "I'm a moon elf, I don't need light to see in the dark," Willow says. We are both amazed by her eyes, they look beautiful but at the same time terrifying. "Is that the reason that nature does not enlighten itself in this area" I ask. She looks at me like I've asked the dumbest question you can ask. Now that I think about it, it is indeed a stupid question, but I just wanted to start a conversation. "When the forest illuminates itself, the view of moon elves is disturbed. The light of nature reflects off our eyes, blinding us," explains Willow. "It's better if we just keep walking, soon we'll have to go through the dark forest. There's no light there anyway, so there's no point in us resting," she adds. I still feel wide awake somehow. I'm not exhausted and can walk for hours. Jaden does look exhausted. I can tell he's tired and needs rest. But he doesn't want to tell us because he probably feels embarrassed.

We walk further and suddenly end up in a large open space. All I can see is that there are no trees around and I feel small pebbles on my feet. "Oh no," Willow says emotionally. I have no idea what's going on. "What's wrong" I ask quickly. "The stone giants, they're gone," she says. I'm speechless. They had so much hope and believed in the queen. They trusted that nothing was going to happen to them. "She knew, the queen knew this was going to happen and yet she didn't do anything," Willow says furiously. She looks at me and all I see is her green eyes in the darkness. "We need to get you to the palace as soon as possible," she says firmly. I'm confused and I have no idea why it's so important that I have to be taken to the palace. Jaden is also an outsider and no one is talking about him.