3: Meanwhile in Olympus

"No-" Athena said with a finality to her voice no one could muster as well has her. 

"Come on! Please, just give him a chance-" the god across from her whined. 

"No, Poseidon. I do not tolerate your son. And don't you dare say it's because of you! I have my own reasons for not liking Perseus." Athena glared at the ocean god, sitting across from him in her throne. 

They were sitting in Olympus, in the giant main room. Different types of granite lined the walls and shadows from the stone pillars showed on the granite floor. To the mortal eye, 12 enormous thrones lined the wall, each between two of their own pillars. To the gods, normal sized chairs were divided among the room. Nobody else was there, they all claimed to have "errands to run". Athena knew, however, they simply did not want to listen to another argument between the two. 

"Athena, they are in love! No matter what you say, they will still find a way to be together. I give my approval, I don't understand why you cannot either," Poseidon tried to convince her. They had just gotten an iris message from Chiron describing how Percy and Annabeth wanted to move out together. Poseidon had received a message himself, one from Percy, asking the god to try to convince Athena to open up and give the demigods a chance to be together. Poor Poseidon was running out of ideas. Frankly, he didn't have any to begin with. "Just, listen, please."

"What?" Athena sharply asked. "When I think of your son, I think of trouble. I understand that Annabeth can take care of herself, but when she sees that disgusting little-"

"Hey! That's my son you're talking about!" Poseidon interjected, his cheeks red with anger. He pointed an accusing finger at her before she continued. 

"She instantly melts. He ruins her chances and she becomes... well, stupider," Athena admitted. 

"Calling my son stupid now, are we?" Poseidon screamed at her. His voice boomed all over the room, echoing from one side to another. "And how do you have proof, may I ask?"

"Well, let's see," Athena smugly smiled. "When my daughter worked on her Olympus architecture, she did phenomenally. When that Percy Jackson came, she became distracted, ultimately ruining some of her plans."

"It was only once!" Poseidon pointed out. Percy and Annabeth were caught making out in Aphrodite's shrine. It was bound to happen, as she did request a bed and a special scent that attracted men to the women in the room.  

"Still, did that not happen?" 

Poseidon faltered, thinking of something to say back. He decided to just change the subject. "Think of something. Use that big brain of yours," at that Athena rolled her eyes, "to find some way for Percy to prove that he is the man for your daughter." Athena pondered over Poseidon's proposition. She crossed and uncrossed her feet, her ancient Athenian toga wrapping itself around her legs. She tugged on her dark hair, a new habit, until she finally came up with an idea. She only realized she was smirking when the sea god pointed it out. 

"Fine," she smiled. Poseidon looked at her, confused at her answer. He blinked once, and in mere seconds, he flashed out of the room. Athena sat for a while, thinking about her lovely Annabeth and that retched son of Poseidon. Finally, she finished thinking of her plan and left the room. She summoned her owls and told them to deliver a message to the camp. 

Dear Chiron of The Demigod Camp (Camp Half Blood), 

I am coming tomorrow to visit my dear Annabeth Chase and Perseus Jackson. Please do not be startled by my appearance and forewarn the others. I have come to a conclusion and may or may not give my blessing / approval to the couple. 

See you tomorrow, at 8:00 PM, 

Athena. 

She nodded her head and slipped the paper into an envelope. She swirled her hand in the air, a red owl stamp appearing on the paper, and pushed it into an owl's beak. The snowy white owl nodded its head before taking off into the air. Be prepared, Son of Poseidon. 

&&&&&&&

The campers were sitting around the fire on tree logs, singing songs with the Apollo cabin. The fire glowed a dark blue, meaning a majority of the demigods were relaxed, but at the base of the campfire, tendrils of black, stress, fought for dominance. 

Annabeth and Percy were avoiding each others eyes, worrying about Chiron and the letter. Athena was to come any minute now, the sooner the better, so Percy could get her approval over with. She had to say yes, he wasn't going to take no for an answer.  

For once, Annabeth wasn't singing along, so most guessed that the black was coming from her. Little did they know that Percy's smile and cheery attitude was fake, and that the dark color was spawning from him as well. The fire turned a deep shade of red, fear, for a split second when he felt a cold hand slip onto his shoulder. He turned around to find a hooded figure, with young hands, push past his log and step to the middle of the circle.

She stood there in front of the fire, tilting her head to look around at the campers. Some noticed, and they pointed her out to their friends. Soon, the laughter, singing, and talking ceased as the mysterious women unhooded herself. Once she did, she spun around and the fire died down to a small baby flame. 

"Mom?" Different children of Athena whispered to each other as Annabeth asked the women. 

"Yes, my dear," Athena nodded her head, her medium length hair bobbing up and then down. "I have come to declare my approval for moving out with this Perseus Jackson." Percy's heart rate sped up and he jumped to Annabeth, holding her hands in his. 

Whispers and confused campers were seen and heard all around the circle. 

"Moving?" one camper asked. 

"You have to get approval?" another questioned. 

"Wait, I didn't know they were that serious."

Percy and Annabeth stood together in front of her in each others embrace, but something still bothered Percy, as the goddess wisdom never gave in so easily. "Uh hem." Athena grabbed the attention once again. "I have not finished." Percy's sudden hope died down. Of course there was a catch. He looked over to Annabeth who looked back at him. She smiled lightly, which scared Percy even more. He looked back at Athena, who was rolling her eyes at the couple. She'd probably request that he die so he can marry her daughter. He wasn't falling for that one again. "Under one condition will I give my approval."