Chapter 11- Cromdo

"Erm... Cromdo..." Filbo said, sounding a bit concerned, "Was hitting them with the bat really necessary? It seems a bit... far." I smirked, holding the bat in my hands while staring down at Floofty. "Nah." I said, still smirking, "But it was worth it." Eggabell knelt down beside Floofty, looking at them. "You've knocked them out!" She said, annoyed.

I shrugged. "It's not that bad. Someone just grab and put em' in a chair of something." I could tell not even by looking at everyone that they were annoyed. Chandlo carefully picked up Floofty and placed them in a chair. "You went a bit far with this man." Chandlo sounded calm, but I could tell that he was just as annoyed as the others.

Shrugging again, I leant on one of the tables. "Well they did have it coming." Beffica said, looking a Floofty with a smirk as wide as mine, "Who knows what they did to my bestie?" Filbo looked shocked. "Where's Buddy? Are they ok? Have they been hurt?" Beffica spoke again, lowering her tone a bit, sounding mysterious. "Maybe Floofty ate them."

Gramble looked shaken up, as he turned to Beffica. "A-Ate them?! Don't say those things Beffica! You're gonna give me nightmares!!" Beffica sat down on one of the tables. "They've done it before. Remember that severed leg?" "I don't want to remember!!" Gramble was shaking, he was terrified. I held back some laughter. "It's obvious that the Journalist got eaten." I said, walking over to Gramble and putting a hand on his shoulder, "It's not like the Journalist is here right now anyways."

Quickly, Gramble moved my hand away and rushed over to Wiggle, hugging her so tightly that she looked like she was out of breath. "Gramble dear, you can let go of me." Gramble slowly let go of Wiggle. "No need to be scared of no rumours." Wambus said, crossing his arms, "Stop bein' such a wimp." Gramble glared at Wambus, "I-I am not a wimp! I just don't want to get eaten by that cannibal!!"

"Are we even sure that my sibling committed a second act of cannibalism?" Snorpy said, walking forwards to join the others. "Floofty may have eaten their own leg, but I do not believe we have any evidence that they ate the Journalist as well." Gramble sighed in relief as he muttered, "Oh thank goodness for that." "But then again," began Snorpy, "There is always the possibility that they cut up the Journalist and placed their limbs in jars." Gramble looked horrified, which was really entertaining to see.

"Ok- I think that's enough now," Filbo said, trying to form a calming smile, "Let's not jump to conclusions. I'm sure Buddy is a-okay! The island is pretty big after all, maybe they went somewhere else!" Everyone seemed to agree silently. "Yes, that assumption is quite likely, they have been on several expeditions in the past few days." Said a voice. Gramble and Filbo seemed to jump a bit, as everyone turned to Floofty. They sat there staring as if nothing happened.

"Huh." I said, a surprised look on my face, "Guess I didn't hit them hard enough." Beffica got into Floofty's face, trying to look intimidating and fierce. "Where's my bestie?" Floofty had a look of disgust as they pushed Beffica's face away from theirs. "Keep your distance from me, who knows what contagious diseases you might carry?"

Lizbert walked over to Floofty and stood there. "Just answer Beffica's question. Where's the Journalist?" Gramble looked worried as he spoke, "D-Did you... eat them?" Floofty stared at Gramble. "No, I did not. The only thing I have eaten during my time on this island was a couple of those Bugsnax. Grumpus flesh is not something I plan on eating, especially not that Journalist's." Gramble sighed in relief again. "Oh thank goodness. Looks like no big problems have been caused in the end."

Wambus kept his arm crossed as he looked down at Floofty who was sat comfortably in the chair. "Don't think that's true. If they've been eatin' them Snax, then I think that's a problem of its own." Eggabell nodded once in agreement. "And the Journalist still is missing too." Floofty stood up out of the chair and began to pace around, "Well," they began, "The Journalist went off towards Simmering Springs and most likely will still be in that direction."

Floofty smiled widely, "Oh that's great! Buddy's gonna be ok!" Beffica still seemed a bit suspicious, "Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Floofty's been eating Bugsnax?" Eggabell then spoke, "Look we can focus in that later. We need to make sure than the Journalist is ok first." She then glared at Floofty, "But we're gonna deal with that after." I quickly spoke, "Yeah, yeah. Get mad at the cannibal later. Let's go find this book writer and get out of here."

Once everyone started walking, I followed from behind. I kept on walking for a bit, before turning around to check and make sure that there was no one behind me. And yet there was someone- Shelda was shoving a Flamin' Cheepoof into her mouth. "You're not meant to eat that." Shelda noticed I was looking, and slowly took the Flamin' Cheepoof out of her mouth, putting it back into the glass box. I felt like I was going to be sick, so I quickly walked away.

"Let's just hope that the Journalist ain't dead." I thought to myself as I trailed along behind the others, "I don't want a headache from everyone's crying." The group continued to walk quite quickly, clearly wanting to find the Journalist as quickly as possible. Since I didn't care that much, I walked at my own pace, hoping that this would all be over soon so that I could go home.