Chapter Seven

Kamari POV

I couldn't believe that grandma was sick like that I'm just glad God kept her here until we spoke. My sister and I have been checking in on her together after that day,

She is the only older adult I have left in this world and when she goes I wouldn't know what to do. I already lost my parents I don't wanna lose my grandmother.

Alejandro has been acting a little strange lately. I mean the coming in the house late hours of the night smelling like Irish spring soap.

I told him about Grandma and he told me that everything was going to be ok just keep faith. He knows the right words to say that would make me feel good.

I got out of bed stretched my limbs and walked into the bathroom. Once I was in the bathroom I grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing.

After I was done with that I washed my face and hopped in the shower. Right now Alejandro is at work and like I said before he has been acting weird he usually tells me he's gone.

I let the hot water run down my face and back while enjoying the burning sensation of the water. I grabbed my wash gloves poured my vanilla body wash into my hands and started to rub it on my body.

These wash gloves feel so good on my skin I'm glad I ordered them when I saw them on sale. Once I was done with my shower I dried off and grabbed my silk robe and tied it around me.

I grabbed my dirty clothes and threw them In the dirty clothes basket. It was almost time for me to get online for class so I moisturized my body and put on my clothes that I would be wearing for the day.

Once I was dressed I opened up my laptop and joined the class. My work was already done from last week so I was set but some of my other classmates failed to turn in their assignments.

After class was over my professor said we had to come to the campus next week for the hands-on portion of the assignment. I wasn't excited about that but hey if this is what I want to do then I gotta break out of the shyness.

I closed my laptop and started to think about what I was going to do for the day. I would cook today but since Alejandro is coming home so late he just goes straight to sleep without eating anything.

Plus when he gets home I will already be asleep so we rarely see each other because I have been oversleeping lately. School is kicking my ass but I'm strong that shit ain't about to break me I'll tell you that.

I walked downstairs and saw that he left the bread bag wide open. Alejandro is so damn absent-minded It wouldn't take him but 2 seconds to put the tie back on the bread.

I walked over and tied the bread back up and turned on some good cleaning music like my grandma would do when we were children. I scrolled through my playlist and played my favorite song "Love Hangover" by Diana Ross.

Once the music started to play I walked over to the sink and started washing. It wasn't that much in the sink so I didn't have to do much.

I grabbed my disinfectant wipes and wiped down the countertops. When I was done with the kitchen I realized I didn't eat anything this morning.

I warmed up some leftover dinner I made last night. My phone rang and I looked at the contact and it was my sister. "Hey Simone what's going on girl," I said while eating my food.

"Hey Mari um have you spoken to Grandma at all today?" she asked me.
Knowing what I knew I thought something was wrong. "No why what's going on she ain't answering her phone or something," I said frantically

"Calm down Mari I was just saying because usually she would answer my calls but I'm at work so I was calling to see have you spoke to her," she said

"Oh girl you had me worried I'll go over there when I get done eating and I'll call you when I go over there," I told her.