you're drunk and don't recognize him (requested)

Taehyung brushed his hands across his face with a yawn as he took the keys out of the ignition.

It's almost one am and it had been a long day for Taehyung and the boys as they spent the day filming a few things.

He knew you were going out with your friends tonight to let your hair down so he wasn't surprised when he arrived home around eleven to see that it was only Yeontan in the house.

He sent you a text that he had made it home and that he loved you before he practically collapsed onto the bed and fell asleep right away.

He woke up about a half hour ago to his phone ringing and he had noticed it was one of your friends calling.

Growing worried, he answered it, only to hear that they were just calling to see if he could come get you because you were extremely drunk.

He agreed to come get you in a heartbeat and now he's here, parked outside of the noisy club.

He was in a pair of sweats and a hoodie and all he wanted was to get in and get you home, where you'd be safe and sound.

He got out of the car and locked it behind him before making his way inside the club.

He looked around for you and the friends you were with tonight and, somehow, over the loud music and voices, he heard one of them call out for him.

He made his way over to them and breathed out a sigh of relief when he saw you.

You were only standing up because your friends were holding you steady.

Had it not been for them, you would've been on the ground since you were too drunk to stand on your own two feet.

"There you are. Thank gosh you're here." Your friend spoke in relief. "I'm not sure how much she's had to drink, we lost count. But I've never seen her this drunk before."

"Oh, boy. This should be fun." Taehyung joked as he focused his attention on you. "Hey, baby. Are you doing okay?"

He reached out to gently brush his fingers along your arm but you stepped back and stared at him with a confused expression.

"Don't touch me." You frowned.

Taehyung couldn't deny that his heart ached slightly because that was very unlike you.

But he brushed it off.

"I think it's time to get you home. We can get you out of this outfit and into something comfortable. You can sober up, rest, and I'll cuddle you, of course." He said with a smile.

"What? No! I can't do that. I can't go home with you." You quickly argued, causing him to furrow his eyebrows.

"Why not, baby?"

"Because I have a boyfriend!"

It took a second for it to click that you were so drunk you didn't even recognize him.

But once it did, he shook his head with a chuckle.

"Wow, you must be very drunk, my love."

"Don't call me that!" You quickly said. "Only Taehyung can call me that."

"Yeah?" He smiled.

"Yes. We've been together for a while now and I'm in love with him. I refuse to go home with anyone else, ever. I'm loyal to him, so you better go. If he sees you here and hears you asking to take me home and calling me names like that, he'll kick your butt!"

Taehyung tried to hold back his laughter.

He thought it was so cute that you were talking about him like that while he stood there in front of you.

"I can guarantee you that he's just as in love with you. What a lucky guy he is." Taehyung spoke and watched you nod in agreement before he reached out.

His fingertips brushed across your hand and his touch was gentle and familiar.

It made your eyes go soft and he watched them light up right after as you recognized him at last.

Or so he thought.

"Oh, Tae!" You drunkenly smiled and pulled away from your friends.

Taehyung instantly wrapped you in his arms to hold you, trying to keep you steady now that your friends couldn't.

"Hi, sweet girl." He chuckled before kissing your forehead.

"Hi, handsome." You said. "I'm so happy you're here. You should've seen it, you just missed it!"

You looked around before looking at your boyfriend again.

"He must've left. This guy came up to me before you got here and said he was going to take me home with him."

Taehyung held back his laughter once more and let out a playful gasp instead.

"Really?" He gasped.

"Yes!" You said as he shook his head.

"Baby, that was me." He said as he brushed his fingers along your back.

"No, it wasn't!" You argued. "Trust me, baby, I'd always recognize you."

"If you say so, cutie." He laughed. "Come on, let's get out of here and go home. We can relax and cuddle for a while... before that hangover hits you."

You just hummed and clung to him as he grabbed your things from your friends.

"I love you so much." You said to him as he helped you out of the club and into the car. "I mean it, Tae. I love you very much."

"I love you more." He said and kissed your forehead as he helped you buckle up.

You held his hands tightly as he tried to stand back up.

"Baby, if you want to go home, I have to get in the car and drive us there." He joked.

"You're the most amazing boyfriend ever. I'm so lucky." You sighed. "And I promise, the only one I'll ever go home with is you. Because you're my everything and I'm so in love with you."

He laughed before kissing your hands.

"I feel the same way about you, darling. Now let's get home, okay?"

"Okay." You hummed before letting his hands go and closing your eyes.

He closed the door and then walked around and got into the driver's seat.

By the time he was starting the car again, you were asleep.

"I guess it's better than you being sick right now." He said quietly. "Sleep well, my love."

He leaned over and kissed your head before driving you both home, knowing that you'd only get a few hours of rest before your hangover would hit.