(13)-Hades

-"Cause when you know, you know.
When you know, you know."-
Margaret, by: Lana Del Rey

Walking in that place had become nothing but tiring

Enid could no longer feel her own feet, and although she was not that much tired, she was sick with that whole situation

She leaned slightly to the ground and took a fist of sand in his hand

And the moment the grains crossed his fingers they ended up in the air, spreading through the cold wind

For a moment she remained as bewitched, despite that it was nothing

But it was as if for the first time it felt like that grain

That tiny grain of sand, which for a small moment can feel the joy of flying with the others

"Hey"

She looked up at Percy, realising she was still leaning to the ground-"Hey"

She got up from and passed her hands over her jeans, cleaning them from the sand

Grover was just ahead of them

"Before, in the forest-"

"It's nothing...seriously"-She said, having already understood-"I was just...in a confused moment"

"From what?"

I spend a few short seconds of silence-"I imagined what it would be like"

"What?"

"If my mom was here"

Percy's gaze was filled with confusion

"When I was four years old my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer"-She told-"I was little, I didn't know what it was. But I knew my mom was sick and that she spent more time in the hospital than at home"

Percy didn't say anything

"I had no relatives willing to take care of me, I was just an agitated little girl who had not yet been diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia and in the eyes of mom's family I was just a...monster"-Her voice became thinner by uttering that last word, which made Percy realise that she was really feeling bad-"I lived with my mother in the hospital for seven months, but shortly after my fifth birthday the social workers began to make more frequent visits, talking to my mother who each time ended up yelling at them...they talked about her...they were talking about her suer death...right in front of me."

She looked up for a few seconds and then snorted loudly

"Every day was getting harder and harder and I felt like I was constantly...tired and so damn tired that I just wanted to throw myself into my bed in mom's arms and hope she would rock me by singing any Frank Sinatra's song like she did to me when I was a baby...but it wasn't. My mother was sick. I saw her in very bad condition every day more, and I swear on the river Styx that if I could I would've took all that pain. For her."