II

♪♫ Teri nazron mein hai tere sapne,

Tere sapno mein hai naarazi

Mujhe lagta hai ki baaatein dil ki,

Hoti lafzon ki dhoke-baazi

Tum saath ho ya naa ho,

Kya fark hai?...♪♫

________________________

Adira woke up early the next day only to see Viaan sleeping on the couch. One of his hands and legs were hanging off of the couch and his blanket was lying on the floor beside his leg.

She walked toward him, put his hand and leg back on the couch, and covered him with the blanket. His face looked calm and he almost looked adorable to her.

Shrugging off her thoughts, she went to the bathroom to do her business. Viaan was awake till the time she came back to get ready for the day.

"I'll be leaving in a few hours to get my stuff from home." She told him while wearing the earrings.

"Home?" Viaan had a confused look on his face.

"Yes, my home. Where I used to live before everything happened."

By everything she meant the whole marriage fiasco.

"Okay. I'll come with you."

"No. I want to go alone." She knew she was being rude but she couldn't help it.

"I understand that you need space. Just be safe." Saying that he went to the bathroom leaving Adira to her thoughts.

She went downstairs to see that everyone was already up but what surprised her was that Rivaah and Meera Singhania were sitting on the table sipping from their cups and looking at their men while the men were in the kitchen preparing breakfast for all of them.

"Adira, don't be surprised! Ladies of this house are off duty on Sundays." Rivaah explained while inviting her to join them.

"Would you like some coffee?" Meera asked.

"No, some juice would be fine." She replied.

"Juice is coming right up!" Veer exclaimed and placed the glass before her after filling it up with litchi juice. "Enjoy!" saying that he went back to his work.

Viaan came a minute later, wished everyone a good morning, and went into the kitchen. Wearing an apron, he asked Armaan what he needed help with and started chopping fruits and vegetables.

Breakfast was a joyous affair with everyone eating, talking, cracking jokes, and just enjoying each other's company. She had forgotten that a family could be like this also—loving, caring, fun.

She once had a family like this, now, the people who like to call themselves her family are just manipulative bastards who can sell and buy anything for their profits.

In the evening, she came back with everything she needed only to see everyone sitting around the living room.

"Adira, we were thinking of having a movie night. Would you like to join us?" Meera, Viaan's twin Veer's wife, asked.

"Sure." Saying that she went to the room to put her things.

Viaan had followed her inside the room thinking it was time for them to talk about a few things.

"Can we talk, please?" "Why did you agree to this marriage?" Viaan asked after she came out of the closet.

She saw him sitting on one end of the couch, inviting her to sit beside him which she accepted gladly by sitting on the other end. "Maybe I didn't agree, maybe I was forced."

He smiled humorously. "I might not know you well, but, I know that no one can force you to do something without your consent. So, why did you agree?"

She felt ashamed of what she had done. How she ruined his life by marrying him.

She took a deep breath before replying to his previous question. "I won't beat around the bush, Mr. Singhania, nor would I sugarcoat my words. My uncle has a house on the outskirts of the city, and I have wanted that house for a very long time now. He told me that if I married you, he would sign that house in my name, so, I agreed to marry you."

"So, this marriage is a mere business deal for you?" Viaan's voice had a disheartening tone which didn't go unnoticed by her.

"Look, I know this is the last thing you could have imagined but this is the truth. If you like, then we can file for a divor—" Before she could complete, she got cut in by him.

"No!" he exclaimed immediately. She saw as his eyes widened and a sheepish smile took over his face. "I—I mean we don't get divorced in our family, so.." he lied through his teeth and trailed off letting her fill the gaps herself.

"Oh! But I—I.." it was her turn to stutter, "I'm not ready for a relationship right now."

"It's alright! We can start with being friends and get to know each other better." He said with a sweet smile adorning his face but then added, "Only if you are comfortable with that."

She thought for a few minutes but agreed at last.