Chapter Two; A Dark Place

Y/n tried catching her breath, but as soon as she did, she felt the same piercing pain in her shoulder. She tried to contain her scream, but couldn’t when she felt the whip snap across her back. Her tormentor laughed as she screamed in pain.
“You have no idea how much I’m enjoying this.” He said with a smirk on his face.
“You’re sick.” Y/n wheezed out. Another whip cracked across her back and she screamed.
After a couple of minutes, her tormentor took his knife, and shoved it into her shoulder yet again. She whimpered in pain.
“I am so sick and tired of looking at your face. You think your worth anything? Look at you. On your knees in front of me. At MY mercy. You’re not worth anything unless I say so. And I say, you are a worthless pile of shit.” He said.
He twisted the knife and y/n groaned. He took the knife out and stood up.
“Take her back to her cell.” He said.
Two pairs of hands unchained her and pulled her to her feet. They took her to a cell where a lady was waiting for her. After she sat down on the cot, the lady began to tend to her wounds. It was a cruel joke that her tormentor did. Each day after being tortured, her wounds would be tended to. Sometimes days would pass before she would be tortured again, luring her into a false sense of security. Two months had passed since she had been kidnapped. She knew her mom was devastated because her tormentor had made her watch as her mom talked to the police with tears in her eyes. And always after he had made her watch that, he would drive the same knife into the same spot on her shoulder, and the torture would begin.
The lady finished tending to her wound and left the cell. Y/n picked up her flannel shirt from off the floor and put it on, covering her body. She shivered from the cold cause she had not been given a blanket. She felt tears at the corners of her eyes, but she refused to cry. She refused to give the Baltimore Butcher that satisfaction.
After a couple of hours, she finally managed to fall asleep. A few days passed without her being tortured. Until one night she was dragged off of her cot and forced to kneel in front of her tormentor, who proceeded to jab the knife directly into her shoulder. She cried out in pain.
“You’re a mistake. You are nobody! That’s why guys haven’t looked you way. That’s why your precious step-father died! It’s your fault!” he shouted into her face.
“Shut up!” Y/n yelled at him. That earned a slap across the face and a kick to the stomach. As she lay curled up in a ball struggling to breath, she was pretty sure that he had broken a rib. His henchmen who were in the room laughed.
“I would say that I’m going to teach you to treat me with respect, but that’s impossible. You’re not capable of learning. You’re not capable of anything. And besides, tonight is your last night. You’re going to die.” He told her.
He pulled out a gun and aimed it at her. She looked at him with blank eyes, knowing that there was nothing that could stop this from happening. Just before he pulled the trigger, the ground beneath them began to shake. He looked around in panic as the entire building started to come down upon them.
“Sir, it’s an earthquake! We have to get out of here!” One of the henchmen said.
He looked at her and in that moment, the ceiling started to collapse. Y/n closed her eyes as the ceiling came down on her and everything went black.