27

August 23rd, 1964

The Hollywood Bowl. Los Angeles, California. It was an amazing concert.

Emery felt chills as she witnessed the 4 musicians sing for thousands of dedicated fans. George Martin was recording their performance with Capitol records, and it couldn't have been more exciting.

Although the crowd wasn't big, they were loud. Emery could make out the boy's voices in their songs, though, which was obviously good. The boys hated when they could never hear themselves.

Emery's favorite songs of the night were 'She Loves You' and 'A Hard Day's Night'. Paul and John had beautiful voices that never failed to make her smile. Of course, she liked her brother's voice too, especially in 'Roll Over Beethoven', which he sang.

"Thank you very much! Now, this next song will be have to be our last song," Paul paused when the crowd screamed, "Oh yeah, y'know, so we'd like to thank you, everybody, for coming here tonight, and we all hope you've enjoyed the show. Have you enjoyed the show?" He asked the audience.

The audience roared, their screams of approval hitting the 4 with immense power.

"We'd like to finish with a song that is an old Little Richard song. It's called "Long Tall Sally".

The boys went into it, strumming and drumming away, Paul singing his heart out.

The boys hit their last note, paused, and bowed for the cheering crowd, grins plastered on their face as they waved to the hoards of girls and ran off stage.

"You were brilliant!" Emery told them, stepping aside so they could stumble into their dressing room and collapse onto a nearby couch or chair.

"Aw, you're just saying that." Paul teased.

"They loved us. Brilliant. Now the American birds obsess over us." John grinned.

"You like the idea of being some poor sweet girl's celebrity crush, don't you, John?" Emery asked him, cocking her eyebrow with a grin on her face as she leaned on her side against a wall.

"Eh." John shrugged.

"That means yes." George commented. John pushed him lightly, smiling.

"You did sing "I'll Cry Instead", so I guess that was a slight hint." Emery jested.

The boys laughed and John just shook his head, cocking it with a slight smile on his face.

"So you liked the show, then?" Ringo asked her, fiddling with the rings around his finger. It was funny he offered the boys to call him that as a nickname. They usually called him "Ritchie". But Emery called him "Rings" etc. as well. She personally always felt a twinge of warmth in her body whenever someone called her "Em" or "Emmy"-only John called her that, and it irritated her at times because it made her feel childish, but at others it made her feel a certain feeling of connection. It was meaningful when someone calls you a nickname because it shows your relationship. She couldn't explain it, but it did something to her that made her feel special.

"Loved it, Ritchie. You lads did wonderful. California certainly thinks so." Emery nodded.

"Proper chuffed to hear it. We're officially world famous now, lads." Paul leaned back in his chair, folding his hands behind his head. A smug smile was set on his face as he looked on at his bandmates.

"Proper delighted, Paulie." John responded.

"Alright, lads, I think it's time we get some sleep." John stood up, walking to Emery and slinging an arm around her shoulder.

"Alright." The boys agreed.

They all journeyed home in their car, eyes drooping as they stepped into their hotel building.