Chapter 7

-Where are we going? We should help them!

-Are you going to duet the whole soundtrack of Frozen with Sean? - asked the blonde, skeptical.

-Um... I... no.

- Exactly. Come on, there should be a bar around here.

They stood in that bar for a while, laughing and joking, sipping two steaming hot chocolates. They went out, in the cold, when it was almost 11 p.m.

-How cold... and it's only October. - Benjamin blew.

-Here. - Oliver stretched out his wool cap, which he had previously taken out of his black backpack.

-No, thank you, you need it.

The other shrugged. -I'm not that cold. Take it, it'll make you feel better. - the blonde took the hat and made it stick on the blond curls. He relaxed a little, and thanked the friend.

-So... - said Benjamin, stretching the o's as he often did in moments of embarrassment. -It's a nice boarding school, ours, isn't it? We did well. We might get an undercover mission to a middle school. Or worse, in a vegetable store. - he chuckled. -Apart from some presence, I could not ask for anything better.

Oliver sighed before answering, the cold smoke came out of his mouth. -Yes, it is true. - he turned his mouth in a grimace. -My roommate is infuriating, though.

-Sean too. He managed to break the television with an orange...

-I won't ask questions. - The boy raised his hands. -The whole school is delirious about the party. Man, it's still two weeks.

-Don't mention it. I was invited by at least five different girls, and I was a little disappointed to decline all the invitations.

-Have you not accepted any?

- No, they weren't exactly my... type, you know. You? You decided to go with Rosy?

Oliver smiled. -Ruby. Although I like Rosy better, as a name.

-How cruel you are. Poor Ruby all over the world. - joked Benjamin, making the black-haired boy laugh.

- No, I haven't accepted it yet. I think it's a little too lively. And by lively, I mean sticky and annoying. I think I'll stay in my room and study.

The blonde stopped, nailing himself exactly in front of his friend, forcing him to look him in the face. -No, no and no. You will come. It's not healthy to be alone too much.

-Are you going to make me?

The other nodded. -If you don't come, I'll pick you up in your room and drag you down even if you're in your pajamas.

-Let me think about it.

- For now, I am satisfied.

They walked in silence, side by side, but someone interrupted their quiet.

-Olly! Good to see you again! - Ruby said with a persuasive voice. Benjamin wondered how she could not die of cold: she wore a short dress full of pink sequins, knee-length brown boots, and a simple light candy pink cardigan. The tone of voice and appearance did not attract the attention of the person concerned, who responded with a listless hello. -What a surprise to find you here! - she continued. Oliver mumbled something back. -Well, my friends and I are going back to the club, do you want to come?

-No.

She made a beaten dog face. -Come on, we'll have fun! - she said pleading. He shook his head.

Then Ruby smiled. One of her bright pink fingernails brushed his lower lip. -I could tell because I didn't have any effect on you. - said in a low voice, gesturing at the mass of boys around her. -The poor Olly doesn't like girls... - some of those present chuckled. -You don't want the whole school to know, do you? No... come to the dance with me, and I'll keep my mouth shut. - took Oliver's silence as a gesture of assent and smiled, mischievous. -Good choice! See you at school! - and walked to the door of the room, moving his hips.