Chapter 1

BOOTING UP//

EXPOSITION//

???: We are Worker Drones, autonomous robots helping humans mine exoplanets for our interstellar parent company: JC Jenson, IN SPAAAAACEE.

*A picture is shown of lines of workers holding pickaxes

???: Yeah we were mistreated in the name of Windex, but it's not like we revolted and killed all humans or anything. 

*Another picture is shown, a line of worker drones are carrying something, walking to some sort of shredder.

*One worker is clawing away from it, half destroyed, while humans are just looking at it, one taking a picture.

???: Mostly because they handled that just fine all by themselves.

*A warning is shows that the planet's core is erupting, 2 humans look at each other, shrugging while others run franticly in the background.

*We then see a view of the planet, a yellow explosion happens on one part of it, followed quickly by a blue explosion the same size if not bigger than the prior one.

*A snowflake then falls on a frozen skeleton, a worker stands up from the snow, sees the skeleton, and touches it.

*The skeleton falls over and shatters upon hitting the ground, a second worker looks at the first and gives a thumbs up.

???: With biological life wiped from the planet, we found it pretty easy to pick up where they left off. We finally had a future . . . all to ourselves.

*2 workers are seen fawning over their baby, in the form of an untrained neural network.

*We then see space, as something zooms through and crashes on the planet.

???: Unfortunately . . . our parent company didn't exactly love the concept of runaway A.I.

*We then see a bunch of worker drones looking over a crater along with another figure obscured by smoke. 

*Looking into the crater, there is a pod in the middle of it, steam then exits the opened hatch as 3 yellow Xs appear in the darkness within the pod.

*3 figures fly out, taking one of the workers with them, one figure's claws shine in the moonlight near the worker's head; it then cuts back to the ground, the same head landing on the ground "FATAL ERROR" displayed on it's visor.

*One of the figures in the sky throws the body away and laughs, as a massive blizzard starts, missiles are launched all over the place.

*Workers are either killed by the explosions, or run away, barely out of range of them; it then cuts to the street, one of the figures on a street light with an imposing spire behind them.

*We then zoom out and see that all this is a presentation being given by a Worker Drone.

???: But what have our parents done for the past forever while those things build a spire of corpses?! 

*The drone presses a button, moving the presentation to the next slide.

???: Hide under the ice behind 3 stupid doors?! It's like we're waiting for an inciting incident, anyway, that's why my project is this sick-as-hell railgun!

*The drone grabs behind them, spinning, throwing up, and catching said railgun, it aimed at her classmates.

*The class's reaction is less than stellar

???: Easy, morons. It doesn't work. -Yet. It doesn't work yet. Who said it doesn't work?! Maybe it does!!

*The drone then flicks a switch and the gun then proceeds to charge and glow bright green while they are laughing evilly, the teacher just sighs at all this.