Divorce

If you can please listen to the song Vienna- The Fray while reading. It just sorta helps you connect with the story. Like mood music! Vote, Comment or Fan!!! (COVAN)

-Alura-

The reason is simple I guess. The reason why every time it rains I listen to the song Vienna by The Fray. The song is about divorce. You probably got that much. That’s the reason why.

The day my parents told me about the divorce it was raining. They spent the entire night talking about how they met and fell in love. I sat upstairs and listened and let my crying put me to sleep.

I don’t remember what happened the next day. I guess I tried to forget that part. The dividing of things and moving of furniture.

But the one thing that is in my mind forever is that night. The night they told me.

That is the one scar I haven’t been able to ignore even after 4 years.

People say “It happened 4 years ago, get over it and move on”. Well, they don’t actually say that but, that’s what they think in their minds. It may have happened 4 years ago but divorce is like a fire. When you look at the ashes those are the remnants of the fire. What stays there to make sure you remember that the fire did happen? The ashes. You’ll find the ashes of the fire still four years later. The evidence is the absence of the things that died in the fire. Those are the ashes. The things that died in the fire.    

Truth is, if it hasn’t happened to you then you have no right to say “Oh ya I understand don’t feel like you’re alone, you have me.” Because no matter how much how someone says “Don’t feel alone.” You’ll probably feel even more alone. If someone did understand they wouldn’t say that. I know for some of you reading this it doesn’t make sense but, if you’ve had a divorce happen you know what I’m talking about probably.

If someone asks if you’re “okay” you know that your answer will always be “Ya of course” (for most anyway).

That is the opinion about divorce from a girl whose parents got divorced. This is the real part of life that most people have to deal with and it’s sad. The first thing I said when they told me was “But you love each other” and there (for most people) is one question running through your mind.

“Why?”

“There’s really no way to reach me, there’s really no way to reach me, because I’m already gone.”

-Vienna: The Fray

“And I don’t want the world to see me, because I don’t think that they’d understand, when everything’s made to be broken I just want you to know who I am.”

-Iris: Goo Goo Dolls