rumours

mavis has rejected many people, this was not new news

mavis has rejected many people, this was not new news. but they weren't the talk of the school, no one dared to speak about mavis in that way.

but after the party, it's all everyone could talk about. mavis got rejected by matt.

when deborah told this to mavis, she basically screamed. mavis looked at her best friend in horror, "you're joking! people don't actually think i got rejected by that homeless little thing?!"

deborah sighed, "they do."

"no no. now all the stupid guys think they're gonna have a chance with me because i've gotten rejected. ugh! i'm so gonna kill matt."

"oh! no. we're not killing anyone, not today, not tommorow, not ever. especially not my boyfriend's brother."

"your boyfriend better keep his brother on his leash because i'm going to attack him." mavis strutted down the hallways.

every eyes were on her, "what the fuck are you looking at!" she screamed back.

she went to the gymnasium, all sorts of games were going on. volleyball for the girls. netball. basketball and tennis for the boys.

she came closer to the basketball boys. they stopped their game and watched her come over.

"mavis?" gavin called out.

"gavin, where's alan?"

"at the water fountain over there," gavin turned around and pointed at alan who was trying to refill his bottle.

"okay. continue your game." she walked over to alan. she tapped alan on his shoulder.

"alan."

"mavis!" alan smiled and hugged her.

"when does matt start his shift?"

"4."

"okay."

"mavis, you good?"

"no im not. theres some fucking rumour i got rejected. and by matt? that's fucking crazy. whoever came up with that rumour is a lunatic. and i'll kill them after i kill matt."

"you sure?"

"what you think i got rejected by matt?"

"i don't know. maybe?"

"alan. after you, i've never gotten rejected. and it's not my fault i didn't know you were. gay."

"well i didnt exactly reject you. and you didn't make me fully gay."

"your welcome. and i made out with your ex to piss you off, that didn't make me fully straight."

"your welcome," alan laughed.

mavis hugged alan. "you're like the only guy i tolerate."

"i know."

"like im being honest, you have my soft spot."