Chapter 13: the offer

6 weeks have passed since they have last talked to each other.

Bill regrets what happened but whenever he misses his deer demon too much, he'd drown his regret in intergalactic wine in his chambers of his huge pyramid palace. Partying like crazy has kept Bill busy anyway.

3 weeks ago, he also brought some interdimensional weirdness into Hell so now more of Bill's weird intergalactic minion creatures were guarding Hell. Apart from that, the weirdness Bill brought upon also gave eyes and legs to most of Hell's buildings, have turned some demons into furniture, some demons get dozens of eyes, or ears or legs or other body parts etc. Bill had way too much to do to worry about some insignificant mortal soul. Or at least that was what he tried to convince himself of.

Whereas, Alastor was hiding out in his old radio tower. Hiding from Bill's changing-everything-to-weirdness-waves.

Alastor regretted not having stopped Bill. Now, instead of pulling the strings, he had to hideout! "How pathetic", he thought.

He should have formed a super powerful alliance with all of Hell's overlords and- Who was he kidding? He knew he would have never done that. Alliances just weren't his thing. Power and freedom have always been the only things he had ever cared about.

"And everything else is a pointless distraction from reaching my goals", he sighed thinking back about the pointless relationship or friendship or whatever he had with Bill.

Alastor furrowed his eyes for a moment: What exact bond did the two of them have? Just an alliance? A friendship? A relationship? He couldn't believe that a few weeks ago, he was willing to settle for a relationship or close friendship. Pointless, distracting kisses. Alastor grunted in deep disgust over himself.

He had to get rid of Bill. As long as he was residing and partying in Hell, Hell would never be Alastor's to rule. Alastor decided trying to talk to him to ask him to reign another world and to therefore leave Hell for solely Alastor to rule. Since he's an interdimensional demon, there should be no problems attached to his plead. If Bill won't leave willfully, Alastor was determined to fight him. Even if the cost was his life. As long as Bill was ruling Hell, Alastor thought his life was pointless anyway.

So Alastor's shadow materialised in Bill's palace.

Bill noticed him instantly: "Alastor! What a sight for sore eyes! Do you wanna patch things up? Do you want revenge? Do you want to fight me so you can have Hell to yourself?"

Alastor just stared at him.
Bill sighs: "Ah so you would like to fight me so you can have Hell to yourself? Before you fight me, how about we talk first?"
Alastor whispers: "What is there left to talk about?"

Bill: "Well I see any affection you've once held towards me has perished."
Alastor: "It's the way it's supposed to be. I don't need anyone."

Bill scoffs: "Sure, keep telling yourself that. You mortals always need SOMEONE. Someone to love, someone to live for, someone to die for, someone to hate, someone to talk to."

Alastor scoffs back: "Not me! All I care for is power and freedom! I'm hungry for power more than before."

Bill whispers: "Is that why you pretended to like me back? Because you envied my amount of power? Because you would like to possess as much power as I do?"

Alastor lies without twitching a muscle: "Indeedy. Don't think for a second I would ever love anyone. Or care for anyone. All I wanted was your power!"

Bill: "I feel you're lying, Al."
Alastor: "Even if I did, what is the whole point of this?"

Bill: "The only goal entities like us have. Anything to diminish the sheer boredom that inevitably settles in, in such a long, long life. I'm offering you again: Let's rule Hell together. Let's party and punish sinners. Let's kiss and love or pretend to love each other. And I promise you if you accept my offer, I'll definitely not repeat my mistake. I promise you that I won't bother you with any sexual interactions, alrighty?"

Bill held out his hand towards Alastor.
Taken aback, Alastor asks: "This isn't a deal, right? You're not gonna own my soul if I shake your hand?"

Bill: "Oh, no worries. If it was a deal, there would be a light-blue flame around my reaching-out hand. This is just like a handshake to settle the offer. If you accept the handshake, you signal that you accept my offer. Isn't that how you mortals agree to things?"

Alastor wonders whether to take the offer. He thought it all sounded good as long as he had a fair share in ruling Hell with Bill and punishing sinners. And Alastor felt also very pleased about the fact that Bill probably won't ask for inappropriate things again.

Alastor smirks at Bill and says in a playful tone: "How about instead of shaking hands to settle the agreement, we... kiss, my dear?"

Eagerly, Bill snapped his fingers and quickly turned into his humanoid form. Alastor initiated the kiss this time. Very much to the surprise of both of them. They were shyly kissing each other slowly warming up to french-kissing again. Bill put his hands on Alastor's shoulders and Alastor put his hands on Bill's cheeks and sometimes carressed his hair with his other hand a bit.

Bill stopped the kiss shortly, saying: "What a pleasurable way to seal an agreement."
Alastor shushes him: "Don't ruin the moment, dear."
Then the both of them continued kissing each other tenderly again.