iv. his way of life.

it took him a while to pin point the way he feels for you

it took him a while to pin point the way he feels for you. as the king of curses, he never was well versed in the art of emotions. there's no need for him to be, after all. all he knows is destruction, reaking havoc and burning everything down with him — dragging everything down with him — but maybe there's a better side to him. a better side to him for his witch, maybe.

after being apart from you for so long, consciously that is, he's come to several realizations. ones that caused bones to be thrown about in his domain, to shatter and break. you're all he could think about, really. it's as if half of his soul was missing — though, he doubts he even has one.

living had grown difficult, tormenting the brat, whose body he resides in, had grown difficult. the first few weeks were fine, completely so. but weeks turned into months. months without you that he became conscious of, aware of.

he couldn't help but find you in the littlest of things. from the way the bones reminded him of the ones on your altar to the way he could see the way the moon shun upon his vessel's skin.  everything reminded him of you, the one he found his soul clinging to. if he even has one, that is.

he's overheard itadori's friends speaking of it quite a few times, of what he feels for you. his little witch. they would always babble on about the men and women they found attractive, about how they wanted to be with them. sukuna wanted to be with you, afterall you were the thing plaguing him and his mind constantly. he could see himself with you, recreating all those old memories he once shared with you.

the dances, the rituals he helped you participate in, the offerings you gave to him— of multitude variety. he longs for it, misses it. he could only regret allowing you to get burned; as he could've stopped the burning, he knows. he could have yanked you away, brought you to a new cabin — hell, make you a new cabin even. but he didn't, he just went and watched. then destroyed the town.

perhaps he wanted more from you then, or maybe he didn't care as much? not as if he knew, he just knows he wants you now.

a sigh leaves him, as the bones around him get scattered around. he couldn't allow others to see him like this, not even the brat he occasionally brought to his domain; he couldn't be weak. but he can't help but be weak.

weak for you.