8.

Is like me have a outa body experience when mi hear the name Phantom

Mi used to hear mi stepfather talk bout him, and after that the man dead.

After Smoke died there was a rumor that The Phantom took care of the men who had killed him and the person who set up him death.

Never in a million years did I expect that to be Logan of all people.

Wait! If Paw knew this, this must be known to the family too.

"Dat good cuz. At least she know now wa kinda family she involved ina. If she stay it will be because she chose to and realise say we a the same people she grow up wid. Nuttin no change except we family history."

But this seems like a family thing as his words played back in my head.

"Tell me weh yuh wa mi start from. I'll try my best to be as truthful as possible, but understand say ano everything me can reveal to yuh. Only immediate family can know certain things. Blood or marriage."

Where to start? I wanted to know who exactly I've been calling family for the over the past 10 years!

Yuh no hear di man say? Only blood or marriage allows you certain information?

Well fuck dat! Mi need some information.

"MALIA!" I heard my name being called, pulling me out my thoughts.

I was jus staring at him while being lost in my thoughts.

"Alright mr Phantom, please explain what the actual fuck you and yuh family ave me a draw ina." I told him with as much attitude I could muster up.

He took a deep sigh.

Ok! fine ask me anything you want but please know I might not be able to answer all your questions. But let me set this straight, you and Ariya no ina no danger and mi woulda neva put unu in danger, mi would put mi head pan a block before me mek no harm come to unu. Plus Dan woulda sacrifice mi herself"

I could see it in his eyes that he really meant that but I still need answers.

I mean come on, I've been in love with his man for years and now he's back in my life, he has a big ass secret.

"Ok Logan first question? Did you have anything to do with the death of anyone close to me, directly or indirectly?" I was staring him dead in the eyes.

That a one a the most important questions me affi ask, cus mi wa know if him woulda willingly cause mi hurt.

"No."

"Ok what exactly does the family do?"

"Well, we do have a family "business", on both sides. Caa really go in details, but its not as it used to be in the past, you will understand more over time. After mi fada drop out an Lamar end up a prison, mi spend most a the past 8 years a try legitimize shit and a try eliminate the unnecessary people dem weh a draw extra attention to the business and the family."