二十四

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫⎡ 𝑱𝒖𝒅𝒈𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
⎡ 𝑱𝒖𝒅𝒈𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 ⎦

꧁꧂

"He's amazing..." Tanjiro whispered in awe of Kyojuro, his red eyes full of wonder. "He sliced off the demon's head with one blow."

"There's one more demon left," (Y/N) assessed as she stepped in front of him—almost in a protective stance that he instantly noticed and smile at—whilst sniffing the air and straining her ears to feel out her surroundings. "I can sense it..."

"Mm!" Kyojuro nodded, rushing the opposite direction. "Come with me! (L/N)-san too!"

Jumping across the seats to avoid the boys standing in the aisle, (Y/N) ran after Kyojuro, the scent of the demon getting stronger and stronger until both of them stopped at almost the exact same time. People streamed past them in terror from the almost spider-like demon that crawled over the seats, its four yellow eyes rolling in its head as its bones creaked to look over its shoulder at them.

"What the hell is it!?" Zenitsu squeaked from behind one of the seats, quivering in pure fear. "Those long arms it has are terrifying!"

"It doesn't matter!" Inosuke rushed forward with both his swords drawn. "First come, first serve!"

(Y/N) ran with him towards the demon, however instead of attacking it, moved right past it towards a cowering man just a few feet behind it. Grabbing him into her arms and leaping away, Kyojuro rushed past her without even blinking at her actions, instead working with Inosuke and Tanjiro to deflect the sharpened edges of the demon's arms. Soon, its head was off and disintegrating to dust.

(Y/N) stopped at the edge of the junction of the carts, setting down the man and giving him a comforting smile as she said, "You'll be safe in the back. Please hurry."

After watching and making sure the man got away safely, she turned back upon hearing the commotion that she heard from the Demon Slayers, her smile softening at the lighthearted scene in front of her: Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke practically begging to be taken on as Kyojuro's Tsuguko after witnessing his amazing swordsmanship. Kyojuro's gaze then met her own, and she sucked in a sharp breath when he flashed her a smile that shone at full force

     "(L/N)-san!" He called out to her with cheer. "I must praise you for responding immediately and saving that passenger like you did."

"Oh, it was only natural," she shyly and humbly waved away his compliments. "Instead... I much thank you for protecting all of us with your swordsmanship. Your skills are more than commendable, and... your flames are quite pretty."