Chapter 6

It took another week before Peter heard from Wade. Peter went on patrol hoping to see the mercenary. Peter had been staking out multiple Hydra organizations to keep himself busy. Peter hadn't been able to concentrate much since Wade's disappearance.

Peter was walking to work again; it was the usual route he took. Peter had his phone in his hand and he wasn't watching where he was going. Peter stared at Wade's contact on his phone; he sighed and wondered what had happened.

Someone bumped into Peter with enough force that his phone fell out of his hand. "Sorry I wasn't paying attention." Peter mumbled as he picked up his phone which now had an added crack on the screen.

"Hey cutie, it's been a while." The person who had bumped into him said. Peter's eyes widened and he recognized that voice. Peter looked up from where he was bent down on the ground with his phone to see red spandex.

"No kidding, where were you! You can't just leave for weeks on end and show up! I was worried." Peter said he stood up fast enough he almost lost his balance.

"Woah there kid." Wade said he grabbed a hold of Peter's shoulder to steady him. Peter stared at his hand for a few seconds before he looked at Wade's mask. The lenses were white yet they were widened curiously displaying his emotions.

"I know we met once but dang guess you missed me huh?" Wade asked amused he ruffled Peter's already messy hair. "Always nice to have a fan." Wade said, chuckling to himself. Peter glared at Wade as he smoothed his hair back down as best as he could.

Peter realized finally that Wade didn't know he was also Spiderman. It was the one thing he hadn't found out about him. Peter would prefer if it stayed that way but he had no way to explain why he was worried about Wade leaving. As far as Wade knew he was just some random guy who he had flirted with before.

"Sure." Peter agreed, not sure what else to say.

"Well in that case how about we go get some tacos? Treat on me. I have another guy I was going to ask but I'm sure he won't mind." Wade said he wrapped an arm around Peter's shoulders.

"Can't have work." Peter said he really wished he could now that he knew Wade was okay. Peter would now be able to get him off his mind and maybe focus on things. Plus he hadn't eaten anything since last night and as if on cue his stomach growled.

"Tsk tsk do you ever take care of yourself? Seems like I have two guys to feed now." Wade said he shook his head as if he couldn't believe Peter.

"I really have to go to work." Peter said as much as he would rather go with Wade for tacos than spend time with a bunch of high schoolers he couldn't afford to lose his job.

"Alright can I get your number cutie?" Wade asked.

"Uh no." Peter said he held his phone protectively. The last thing he needed was Wade knowing his alter ego.

"Awww but if you missed me that much how are we going to reschedule?" Wade whined he looked like a scolded puppy. He gave Peter his best baby eyes. Peter just scoffed at handing Wade his phone. The mercenary already knew his address and number. What more could hurt? If Wade was going to hurt him he already had everything else.

Wade pulled off his glove so he could use Peter's phone. Peter tried not to stare at the scarred skin. He wasn't freaked out, more like fascinated as he watched them shift then reform themselves. Wade's skin was like a maze constantly changing and never the same.

"Jeez I know I'm hot but…" Wade said he was looking back at Peter now. Peter felt himself flush red because he was caught. Peter shrugged and looked at the ground embarrassed at Wade seeing his staring. Wade gave a nervous chuckle before going back to Peter's phone.

Wade seemed to be self conscious about his scars which confused Peter. For all his bravado and swagger when it came to showing his skin he was always hesitant and embarrassed. Peter didn't know who made Wade ashamed of his scars but he wanted to change it.

"Huh that's strange it says I already have a contact on your phone." Wade said scratching the back of his neck confused. "Did we have some kind of one night stand or something? Most have been real fucked up because I don't remember-" Wade said he stopped his rambling when Peter touched his shoulder.

"No, I can assure you we didn't. You are already on my phone. Wade, we know each other." Peter said he took his phone back from the stunned mercenary, putting it in his pocket where it would hopefully be saved from any more cracks.

"We do? Huh." Wade said he looked lost in thought like he was wondering where he knew Peter from. Peter sighed the mercenary wasn't stupid but he was sure slow to catch on. Peter lifted up his coat sleeve revealing the hidden web shooter underneath.

Peter looked around before dragging Wade into a nearby alley. Peter shot a web at a trashcan and yanked the lid towards him catching it. "Now do you get it?" Peter asked as he held up the trash can lid.

"Oh my gosh your Spiderman!" Wade shouted eyes wide and full of excitement like a kid in a candy store.

"Yeah yeah shush!" Peter hissed, clamping a hand over the mercenary's mouth to quiet him down.