Chapter 15: Diaper Change

Suddenly, a kind voice broke through the chaos, offering a glimmer of hope amidst the embarrassment.

"Excuse me. I don't mean to intrude." an older woman interrupted, her tone sympathetic as she approached Kim and the family.

Kim blinked in surprise, her eyes narrowing with suspicion as she moved Kris behind her to protect him from the stranger approaching.

"Can I help you?" Kevin stepped in, wanting to keep his family safe.

"I was actually wondering if I could help you folks. I noticed your little one might need a hand, and it doesn't look like y'all have anything with you. I've been in a similar situation many times, and always come prepared." the lady spoke while opening up her purse lightly to show off a diaper and a pack of baby wipes.

Kim looked at Kevin, wondering if they should take the elder up on her offer. They didn't have anything else, but it seemed like a better option than nothing. Meanwhile, Kris was praying that they wouldn't take her up on the offer. As much as he didn't want to be in a dirty diaper, at least his was a pull-up. The one in her purse looked like a proper diaper. He didn't want another one. He wanted his underwear. It was his mom's idea he wore this thing in the first place. Even as much as he hates to admit it, it turned out to be a good idea. 

"Are you sure? I don't want to inconvenience you." Kim spoke up. After getting a defeated look from her husband, he knew they didn't have many options. Embarrassing as it was, this was better than the alternatives. Kris's eyes got wide, and he tugged at his mom's shirt slightly, causing her to turn around and look at him in the eyes, seeing the worry and embarrassment in them.

"It's no trouble at all. After having a few similar situations myself and having no other options, I figured this was the least I could do. Especially for my grandkids. I can't tell you how many families this has saved from a rough day. Just be sure today is forwarded someday, okay?" the kind lady told them, giving them a small wink as she handed them the diaper and a pack of baby wipes.

"Thank you. We will," Kim replied, her voice choked with emotion. "You are a true blessing."

"It's my pleasure, you folks have a good rest of your day now."The woman smiled warmly, before walking off towards the baggage claim.

"Come on, Kris," Kim said, her voice comforting. "Let's go find a restroom and get you cleaned up."

Kim gently took Kris's hand, offering him a reassuring smile as she led him towards the family bathrooms in the airport. Kris followed reluctantly, his cheeks burning with embarrassment. He kept his head down, trying to hide his face from the passing strangers, feeling the weight of the diaper between his legs heavily weighing him down. He couldn't believe this was happening, that he was actually going to be changed into a diaper in a public restroom.

Once inside the bathroom, Kim locked the door behind them and turned to face Kris, her expression softening with concern. "Okay, sweetheart, let's get you cleaned up," she said gently, guiding Kris toward the changing table.

Too short to climb up easily on his own, Kris waited by the changing table. He was terrified at the fact that his mom was helping him clean up. It was both nice to know she cared enough, but this was the first time he was getting help to put on a diaper or a pull-up. He has been managing it on his own this entire time. He stood next to the table shy, not wanting to remove his clothes.

"It's okay sweetie. I'm only here to help if you want it. I can wait outside if you'd like?" Kim spoke softly to Kris, seeing the emotional turmoil going through him.

"I... I don't know," Kris said shakingly. "I don't want to hold us up. I'm also really nervous about it. That's an actual diaper. I've only had pull-ups."