Chapter Two

Hey Guys! So I decided to add an epilogue to the first book, Believing Again so this book is going to start at a different point in time, sorry! It just worked out better this way :P

Anywhoo, I just want to let everyone know I just got my tonsils out and it hurts like the dickens, so I might update again soon, but if it doesn't make sense, blame it on the pain killers. Thanks for understanding <3 <3 <3 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put my bag on the hotel bed, my nerves kept my stomach in knots the whole ride here. Gunner tried to distract me but I couldn't keep the nerves out. I ended up curled up asleep in Gunner's side as he sat on his laptop the whole time. We arrived in time for dinner, just me in Gunner in an unknown place alone. I was nervous, but Gunner was okay, perfectly at ease. It was starting to rub off on me a little. He was so excited. Hockey really is his passion. Gunner came out of the bathroom, rubbing his wet hair with a towel.

"I'm thinking he walk around and get something for dinner." He said putting the towel on a chair. I nodded at him picking out my outfit for tomorrow. He walked over and wrapped his arms around me making me smile. "Or maybe get something and bring it back and watch a movie." I nodded at him happily.

"I like that idea." I wrapped my arms around his chest and snuggled into his chest. "Are you excited to be meeting the team tomorrow?" I asked him sitting on the bed crossed legged looking up at him.

"Really nervous." He gave me a weak smile.

"You are the best player I have ever seen. You shouldn't be nervous. They even said that you would be playing this season." He nodded and ran his hand through his hair roughly.

"Yeah but that mean more pressure." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

"I will always support you, no matter what." He gave me a smile, my smile and kissed my head.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Amira." He kissed me, running his hands through my hair.

"Go get dressed and we'll go get dinner." I nodded at him, getting up and finding an outfit to wear...

I sat on the bench outside the hotel by myself, waiting for Gunner to get back from his practice. Jessa said she was coming soon to spend time with me since Gunner was going to have to stay in the dorms with his roommate for college for the night and day. He was just so excited to do this that it was rubbing off on me. He should be getting back for lunch soon. I watched the people walking past the busy hotel as many of the colleges have their players coming in for practices as well as summer orientation. These were some interesting people. Cocky hockey and football players, one of them even winked at me. I gave him a dirty look as Aspen sat up and put his head on my lap.

I miss just watching people walk by. I haven't had time since I came to live with the Bennett's. I looked over as Gunner came walking over with his bag over his shoulder, his forehead all sweaty and a smile that reached each of his cheeks. "Did you have fun?" I asked him as he gave me a kiss. I wrinkled my nose as he smelled like he hasn't showered in a week.

"It was alright. They created this huge rink out of a local stadium and its perfect. You have to see it, it's double the size as the one we have back at home." I rolled my eyes at him standing up.

"Did you meet any new friends?" He shrugged his shoulders and threw his arm over my shoulders.

"Not really. Not a people person." He shook his head.

"You got along with me just fine." He gave me a look. "Don't, Gunner. You need to make some friends. We are going to be going to school half way across the country from the people we know." He gave me a grunt knowing that I was right. "Just try, for me?" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes. He gave a deep sigh.

"Fine, but only because you asked." He buried his nose in my hair as we waited for the elevator. I wrapped my arms around his torso and sighed in content.

"I'm glad you had fun." We stood like that until the elevator came and we made our way upstairs for Gunner to take a shower before we left to go to lunch.

"I need a shower," I nodded to him, "I'll only be a couple of minutes. I promise." I smiled at him sitting on the bed as he went into the bathroom. His phone started to ring a couple minutes later. I walked over to it as it started to ring again.

Gage

The name displayed confused me. Last time we talked about it, Gunner didn't really talk to his brother. I got concerned when it started to ring again. I picked it up and knocked on the bathroom door. "Gunner your phone keeps ringing, I think its important." I pushed the door open as Gunner turned the water off and wrapped the towel around his waist giving me a quick view of flesh making me blush. I handed him the phone as it vibrated again.

He answered it. "Hello?" I stepped out of the bathroom to give him his privacy with his brother and to get dressed. I answered an email from my father when Gunner walked out from the bathroom.

"Everything alright?" I asked putting my phone down, the email forgotten.

"He's moving back home." I cocked my head to the side as he sat next to me. "His girlfriend is pregnant and he lost his job." He looked so broken.

"Isn't that good? Him being home?" He gave me a thoughtful look.

"He, he doesn't have a good relationship with my parents. He didn't go to law school like they wanted so they cut him off. He didn't even tell us that he was going to be a dad." I put my hand over his as the emotion ran through his eyes.

"Oh Gunner." He looked so sad. "This could be good, get close to him while he's back." He gave me the saddest look I have ever seen him have on his face. I crawled into his lap and comforted him as his shoulders shook.

"We didn't have a great childhood. My parents were never there, but Gage, he always was for me. But when he left, he didn't even tell me." I stroked his cheek as the emotion poured out of him.

"I'm so sorry, baby." I stroked the back of his head as he cried into my shoulder, letting all that had build up over the years flood out of him. I whispered calming words and rubbed his back soothingly.

"I will always be here for you, Gunner, whether you want me to or not. I will not leave you." I kissed his head. He just pulled me closer to him and fell back on the bed, both of us getting lost in the comfort of each other...