The Otto's Last Halloween as a Family of Four

Twas a week before Halloween, Katie was about halfway through her pregnancy and the Otto's decided to do a family costume as it was their last Halloween as a family of four.

Katie and Greg were going to let Taylor and Oliver choose their own costumes but since they were both young, Taylor was 7 and Oliver was 5 they kept changing their minds as to what they wanted to dress up as.

Taylor wanted to dress up as a doctor and then changed her mind and wanted to be a princess and then changed her mind again wanted to be a fairy.

Oliver wanted to dress up as Mickey Mouse, and then Woody, and then he changed his mind again and wanted to dress up as Buzz Lightyear.

Katie and Greg asked both Taylor and Oliver what their favorite movie was and they had different answers. Taylor answered "The Addams Family" and Oliver answered with "Toy Story".

Katie and Greg decide that on the weekend they'll watch both movies with the kids and see which movie is easier for costumes even though they've all seen the movies 1000 times except for Oliver who was always playing when Taylor watched Addams Family.

That Saturday Greg and Katie tell Taylor and Oliver that they're gonna watch their 2 favorite movies and then decide on a family costume.

They all gather on the couch and Greg turns on Toy Story.

After Toy Story Katie makes everyone sandwiches for lunch, and then she noticed that Taylor and Oliver were getting tired. Katie said let's take a nap and then after that we can watch The Addams Family and then decide on our Halloween costumes.

Taylor grabs her Dora blanket and a babydoll and go into Katie and Greg's room for nap time. Oliver grabs his cars blanket and his stuffed monkey and go into Katie and Greg's room. They all take a family nap and then wake up two hours later.

Katie makes the family some popcorn as a snack and Greg puts on The Addams Family. The kids put their blankets, babydoll, and stuffed animal back in their rooms and then go downstairs.

Once everyone is on the couch sitting in the order of Oliver, Taylor, Katie, and Greg. Greg starts the movie. Oliver is not a fan of scary movies including movies like Monster House, but Katie forgot to tell Oliver that the movie might be a bit scary.

They watch the opening, and sees Thing the hand. Oliver's eyes get big and he screams!! He cries and says mommy over and over again. Katie gets up to go sit next to him and he cries mommy that's scary. Greg then skips ahead to the first part of the movie that doesn't have Thing in the scene.

Oliver ends up sitting on Katie's lap for the remainder of the movie, and anytime Thing, Uncle Fester, or there was spooky music on the movie Oliver covered his ears and put his face into Katie's chest as a way to hide, however Oliver loved Pugsley.

When the movie is over, Katie tries to stand up to go make dinner. Oliver screams mommy!!! And then once Katie sat back down and Oliver just hugged Katie and hung onto her. Katie said she had to go make dinner and Oliver said no mommy, I love you. Katie said I love you too honey but I have to make dinner and then she stood up to go make dinner and Oliver screamed.

Greg saw this and offered to make dinner and Katie said thank you. Katie then sat on the couch and said daddy's gonna make dinner.

Oliver says yay!! Thanks daddy!!! Taylor then asks her mom if they can play together? Katie says can Oliver play with us? Taylor says yeah. Taylor goes upstairs and grabs Oliver's cars and monkey, and some baby dolls.

Oliver, Katie, and Taylor all play together in the living room and Katie puts on instrumental Disney music on the t.v for some background noise.

Greg makes spaghetti for dinner and then they all eat dinner together. During dinner Katie says we'll pick out costumes tomorrow at the Halloween store, do we wanna dress up as the Addams Family or as Toy Story? Everyone including Oliver said Addams Family!!! Taylor said she's excited and Oliver said me too!