Part 5 - The Man In White

The short figure, cloaked in white from hood to bottom, stepped into the silent room. There was a single overhead light that hung down to poorly illuminate the wooden table in the middle of the large open room. Planks laid on the ground, detached from the old walls, which shone dying sunlight through them. Around the table were four large chairs, and only one had no figure sitting in it. She took the seat.

The tallest figure, who was not excessively tall even still, flicked a hand, knowing everyone else was watching him. In unison, each figure took down their hood. Around the table now sat four cookies, not figures. One had thick black hair, greyish dough, and pale yellow eyes. He looked thin- he looked at though someone might imagine the grim reaper to look. Another had short brown hair that swirled with bits of white at the tips, and had a braid hanging from the side elegantly. He had dark dough, pale eyes, and a face that looked so friendly and deceiving at the same time, you could get confused trying to figure out which it was. The third, the shortest, had berry-red hair that she kept up in two buns on the sides of her head. She had brown dough and long, light eyelashes, and she always held a disdainful look on her face.

Now, finally, there was the last character. The tallest. The boss. The child of one of the most powerful beings on Earthbread. He had his arm gone by a young age, and it was replaced by that of a velvet monster. One eye was black as the dark aura surrounding him, while the other held still an old pleasant blue colour. He had very long, thick dark hair with large red streaks running through it, and everyone who knew the cookies of darkness knew who he was- the war commander that led legions of hellish hounds to attack whatever they could find, and every single one of them followed his rule correctly. He spoke first.

"Give me the paper, Affogato." He addressed the brown-haired cookie. Affogato nodded, picking up the paper on the table in front of him to hand it to the war commander with no hesitation. Every cookie around the table watched closely as his eyes flicked from side to side, reading quickly, line by line, until he reached the bottom of the page and flipped it over, repeating the same thing. It felt like a million moments before he handed it simply to the next cookie around the table, the one with thick black hair. This one read more slowly, and as he breezed over the words, muttered them quietly to himself. He handed it to the red-haired girl, who read silently and the most quickly of anyone. Once she had finished, she handed it back to Affogato.

Affogato looked at the other three cookies expectantly. "Questions?" He inquired.

"What of the trip to Beast Yeast? When does he leave?" The red-haired girl asked.

"Relevant questions, Pomegranate. I would have written it down if I knew." Affogato remarked.

The commander rolled his eyes. "Do you know the occupation of his friend? The close one." He leaned forward ever so slightly, just a barely noticeable amount, and tapped a finger with his monstrous hand impatiently on the table.

"A scientist, I have been led to believe. As well as a teacher, or professor." Affogato responded. He lowered his voice respectfully compared to when talking to Pomegranate.

The thick black haired cookie spoke with a voice that could only be described as mildly annoying. "What's his name?"

"Madeleine Cookie?" Pomegranate stared at him as though she had lost hope in his ability to think properly.

"No, Madeleine's scientist friend." He corrected.

Affogato looked down at the paper before responding hesitantly. "Espresso Cookie."

This response made the black-haired character perk up excitedly. "I know him!" He said happily. "I've met him before. Mean guy, but he was a lot nicer to Madeleine in comparison. That or comfortable."