:23:

disclaimer: all characters in this story are 18+ for *the plot*

surprise–! after all the begging and pleading, here i am. it's been years and i am no longer who i used to be, so expect a change of writing. enjoy.

₊˚⊹♡

It was as if a blazing fire had erupted inside of (Name) from deep inside her core. It bubbled up and spilled out of her fingertips as they moved on their own; finding their way into Menma's tousled dark hair. He continued to kiss her hungrily, a deep growl escaping from him.

She felt like she was bursting through the seams of her flesh and the only thing to cease the pain was to latch onto Menma with a ferocity of a starving man finally finding an oasis in a desolate wasteland.

Menma's strong hands explored her body, before wrapping his arms around the small of her back, pulling her up from her laying down position and closer to him. He trailed his lips down her jawline to her neck, and every kiss felt so soft it was cruel.

"(Name)..." his breath tickled against her neck and ear causing a shock to roll down her spine before she let a whimper escape her despite all her best efforts not to.

She didn't want him to stop. She wanted him. She needed him.

"Stop–" (Name) sputtered out–her breath heavy between kisses. "Stop." (Name) shoved Menma away, her sudden strength taking him back making him fall backwards before catching himself.

(Name) took a moment to gather her senses: the cabin room dimly lit with scattered candles and lanterns, scents of sandalwood and pine, the crackling of a stone fireplace in the corner; and Menma, sitting across from her in silence.

"What are you doing?' She whispered angrily, still trying to catch her breath. The air was still as Menma gazed at her through his damp dark fringe that hung low over his deep-set eyes. (Name) couldn't help but shiver as she held his gaze. He kept his eyes on hers, until he drew a deep breath.

"Couldn't you feel it?" his deep voice was hoarse, and it filled the silence of the room achingly. The weight of his eyes finally took over and she tore her eyes away from his. Sweat beaded on her forehead and pooled at the base of her neck. The combination of her nightmare and waking up to Menma had her body reacting as if she just ran a marathon.

"Feel what, exactly?" she whispered, her eyes fixed on the cream colored bedding that was now in a complete disarray.

"I know you felt it." his voice suddenly took a softer turn; something she had yet to hear from him. She stole a glance at him, who was still staring at her, but something was different. There was no longer a fierceness to them but they almost looked pleading. "The burning. The desperation," he kept his voice low, but moved closer to (Name). She didn't move.

"The aching desire," he continued, as one hand drifted to her face, moving a stray piece of hair away and tucking it behind her ear softly. The skin from his bare knuckles just barely grazed her face yet it left a scorching trail behind, leaving her face feeling flushed.

"Yes," she felt herself breathe out. She didn't know if she meant to or not, but it was now there out in the hot air that sat between them.

His face got dangerously close to hers, his lips teasing her own as the palm of his hand cupped her face. The softness in his touch was so different from the desperation she could see so clearly written on his face. She wondered if it was so obviously painted on her own. Her breath quickened, and time seemed to slow as she lifted her shaking but sure fingers to push his raven black hair to see his eyes more clearly.

She finally got a clear look at him, and he was devastatingly beautiful.

His eyes were oceans of their own. Deep blue with raging storms brewing in each of them, whirlpools of darkness–sucking her in. She felt as if she was in a free fall and drowning; her stomach turning with the anticipation of him putting her out of her misery and taking her for all that she is. It was agony wanting him.

"Why do I feel so connected to you?" She murmured into his lips that were still teasing her.