t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶

[private message]

ray ray, care bear

_______________

ray ray

can you send me the

picture of the woman

that sent the letters to

your dad?

ray ray

i can't find it anywhere

ray ray

i might be onto something

ray ray

HELLOO

ray ray

CARE BEAR

ray ray

this is fckn important

ray ray

i know you might be sleeping

ray ray

and knowing me

ray ray

i overthink everything

ray ray

but even if you are sleeping

ray ray

because it's 2 fucking am

ray ray

you always pick up your

phone

ray ray

what's going on?

ray ray

coming over tmrw right in the

morning

Rachel, unaware of Caroline's grounded status, impatiently glances at her phone, expecting a reply from her best friend. The anticipation turns into confusion, then concern, as minutes tick by with no response. Attempting various forms of communication, from texts to calls, Rachel becomes increasingly puzzled by Caroline's radio silence. Unbeknownst to her, the request for a photo of the mysterious woman from the letters remains unanswered, lost in the digital void. The frustration mounts as Rachel, unable to comprehend the sudden disconnect, contemplates the various possibilities for Caroline's silence, unwittingly stepping into the uncharted territory of her friend's grounded reality.

Two blocks from Rachel's house, chaos ensues on the other end of the line. Caroline's parents, irate about her recent late-night escapade to meet with Rachel, have just uncovered the evidence of her sneaking out. Tonight, as they watched the dated security footage capturing her nocturnal adventure, disappointment and anger simmered. Caroline, hoping her secret activities had gone unnoticed, faced the harsh reality when her father, patiently waiting for her mom to return from her hospital shift, handed down the verdict. Grounded and phoneless, Caroline found herself alone in her room, tears streaming down her cheeks, a consequence of her ill-fated attempt at secrecy.