Summer Journal❤

Friday, June 7th

Dear Journal,

My mother made me get this journal to document all the things that happens while I'm in Greece since she wont be with me.

I am still currently in my Aunts beach house in Hawaii.

I'm not gonna lie, I absolutely love it!

It's a bit crowded and small but I'm in love with the scenery. The feeling of the wind blowing through your hair. The smell of the ocean salt. The sound of the seguls squawking. The peacefulness. Although my aunts very young(I'm pretty sure she's 23) she's not that much fun to spend time with. She looks at me like a young child and she treats me like a young child. She may be just to caught up in her own life of sleeping around with guys and working at the Limestone bar. So really if I want food or transportation I need to count on myself for that. I could probably sneak out of the house and she wouldn't know. Now that I think about it, she will be gone all night, she didn't tell me why but I couldn't care less. So I guess I will be going to my one and only friend Veronica's house tonight. It could be fun sleeping over at someone's house. Not that I would know. I've never been to or had a sleepover my whole life. But from what I've heard about them I might as well give it a try. Veronica's parents work full time so I doubt they will mind unless of course she already made plans. I wouldn't be surprised considering half the time I went out of my way to ask her to hang out she's told me she has other plans. But whatever I just hope I can get out for the night. I never gave it much thought because I spend half my days in my room listening to old records. Oh and if you're wondering about my parents here's their story..When I was 3, Me and my sisters were adopted from this skinny white women who I now call, My mother. She was sent to rehab for drinking problems 3 years ago. & yes she's still there. Not sure why, her problem didn't seem so bad to me and she never acted any different than when she was sober. I talk to her on the house phone almost every week and she told me while Im in Greece she won't be able to call me because of the long distance charges so she would like for me to make a journal of every day events. My mother is probably the only person I wish was here. She's the only person that would give any thought to me. As for my dad, he's in jail in Southern California for drunk driving and abuse. He hit my mother a lot when I was younger. I never really understood it. I don't love my dad, never have & never will. He's just no good. I also have two twin sisters named Abira & Ada. (Yes they're Hawaiian) They're in collage now. I only get to see them on special events and holidays. I love them so much, they bring joy to my life. Anyways I don't know what else to say so I'm gonna go give Veronica a call about tonight.

Write you tomorrow.

- Aaliyah