Chapter 33: Cruelty

Ever since Night Raid faced Isaac, they've been trying to prepare and train again, in case he tries to attack. As for Najenda and Mia, they've been trying to unlock the Teigu they stole from Isaac. To make sure Night Raid would at least stay on their feet, Haruki, Sky, Sophia, and Declan would be t the hideout for the time being, helping take care of the team. Declan and Akame were currently helping cook, while Haruki, Sky, and Sophia were nursing the assassins or doing chores.

Declan: For an assassin, you're a chill girl.

Akame: Thanks.

Declan: I have a question. What made you decide to join?

Akame: I wanted to help the Capitol. Not to mention, also help get my sister back.

Declan: I believe we can do it. Besides, we've got the gods on our side. Literally. Now come on. Let's give these pancakes to our friends.

====================
==========

Jackson was in the lab with Jun, while they tried to replicate Jin and Chelsea's experiments. Haruki Jackson had skill in biology, but needed help and another hand. Jun was smart, but usually relied on his brother for experiments like these.

Jun: Wow. Who knew you were good at this stuff, General Jackson?

Jackson: Please. Call me Jack. Or Jackson, or Haruki. Just anything but General. I'm ok.

Jun: Why are you so shy?

Jackson: Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous.

Jun: What's there to be nervous about, Jack?

Jackson: Will his be the right amount? What if my comrades don't wake up? How will we face Isaac? What'll happen in the-

Jun: Stop!

Jackson takes a breather and starts pouring in more chemicals. Jun reads over the instructions left by his brother and looks over Jackson.

Jun: Ok. You're doing well.

Jackson: Thanks. I actually used to be a biologist. Along with a botanist. Soon after, the damned war started to spread and I became one of their generals. Granted, it was Brigadier, but a general is still a general. However, when Zoey Kimberly blew up my town of Solaris, my former girlfriend dying to a woman with bunny ears, and Stevens's whole kidnapping thing, I decided to quit and jump ship. Now, I don't care if this kills me. A, if I win, I can live in a better world. B, if I lose, I'll reunite with Chloe and I no longer have to think for myself.

Jun: Don't say that. They'd want you to live a full life!

Jackson: I know, but it's just so hard to move on. And besides, either way, I'm afraid of what happens next. But either I'll get a better life, or this crappy one ends. Sorry, for rambling, I just miss Chloe so much.

====================
==========

Sky, Leone, and Sophia were currently nursing the assassins or tending to their needs. Kelly had more life force during the fight, so she was able to speak, but the rest were unconscious or barely able to move.

Leone: So, how's the role of the General officer, Alexander and Riley?

Sky: What's a general officer?

Sophia: It's fancy for general, I think.

Sky: Oh. Ok. Blue? Get some of that medicinal ointment. The one that Chelsea and Jin make. It should have a white and bright yellow aura.

Blue nods, and rushes off to the laboratory with the description in mind while the 4 girls talk about their lives.

Leone: So, what made you get into this, Kels?