Chapter 11

Aisha looked to Atticus for comfort and was relieved to find his kind eyes ready for her worried ones.

"We've got this," he smiled.

He departed the carriage and turned to give her his hand.

"Welcoming Prince Atticus and his betrothed, Princess Aisha Zenzalee Adamako!"

She took his hand and slowly stepped out of the carriage into the frigid, cold air. There was a brief moment of silence as the looker by's all leaned in to see her better. She glanced at the expectant faces of the people around her. Taking them all in before the roar of excitement began again.

"Princess Aisha!"

"She's beautiful!"

"Our Princess!"

Aisha was stunned. She couldn't believe her ears. Atticus released her hand, gently pushing her into the center, so all eyes were on just her. She looked back at him with a big smile before looking at the people of Pantoran and waving to them.

The joy on their faces when she made eye contact with someone and smiled at them was contagious. She wanted to wave to each and every person in the crowd, when she was reminded why they were here.

Atticus grabbed her hand and whispered, "Told you. But we've got an event to go to."

He was absolutely thrilled at the people's response to her. He felt a swell of pride in his chest to be marrying such a woman.

He held her hand as he guided them into the entrance of the arena. When they got inside it was obvious where they were sitting. A balcony was reserved for them center to all of the action. Their families were seated and waiting for them.

As they walked onto the covered balcony she was met to a much welcomed warmth. There were little fires set up around the place to make it warmer. She was fascinated at the ingenuity of the Pantoran people, and sincerely grateful. There were a few other nobility that she remembered from the feast and one she would have preferred not to see at all, Ronan.

There were 2 empty seats between the King and Queen and Mosi and Olori.

"That's where we'll be sitting," Atticus pointed.

"Right in the center? Shouldn't your parents be there?"

"They are not the guests of honor," he laughs as he guides her to their seats.

The arena is packed with people old and young, male and female. It looked as if no one spared coming to the event. As she looked around, King Eirik stood and the stadium quieted down.

"Welcome everyone to the Tourney in honor of my son Prince Atticus and his betrothed Princess Aisha."

The arena burst into loud whoops and applause. He lifted his hands up and the people quieted down again.

"We will begin the tournament with a joust. The most eligible men in the land are competing for the honor of being Pantoran's greatest warrior. May the best man come out on top!"

The applause started again and the King sat. Aisha looked around, the whole family was there except Aurelius and Bako. She leaned over to whisper to Olori.

"Where is Bako?"

"He has entered the tourney," she said with a smile, "You know him."

"Ah," she said as she settled in her chair.

Just then the Queen stood and walked over to her youngest son, Axel.

"Axel, there is someone I'd like you to meet," she said with a smile. She grabbed his arm and pulled him to the couple and daughter she had invited.