ꜱᴜʀ-ᴘʀɪᴢᴇ!

•°➽°• 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 Lucy Gray is the victor of the 10th Hunger Games, therefore making her mentor, Coriolanus Snow, win the Plinth Prize. Strabo Plinth calls him to his house.

•°➽°• disclaimer: this is a crackfic! It's not meant to be taken seriously so please take it like the joke it is!

▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷

"I knew you'd make it, Coryo!" Tigris crows happily, pulling him into an embrace. "I'm so proud of you."

"Snow lands on top, alright," he chuckles. It most definitely did. He's got the girl, now he'll get the prize... what more could he ask for? "I'll get going now," he smiles softly and kisses Tigris's cheek. "Wouldn't want to be late."

"Of course," she nods. "Say goodbye to the Grandma'am, Coryo."

"Right. It's not like I almost forgot."

She snorts and playfully slaps his arm. "Go."

"Alright, alright." He takes the stairs to the rooftop garden, where he knows he'll find the Grandma'am. "Hi."

"Hey, boy. I heard you won?" she asks. He just nods in response. "I knew you could do it."

"Thank you, Grandma'am. I'm heading over to the Plinth household now to collect the prize."

"Do you really have to go there?" she sighs, not even hiding her disgust.

He shrugs, not too thrilled either. "I'll have to go there if I want the money."

"Alright. If you really must." Coriolanus kisses her goodbye, then nods his head in respect as his father taught him.

"Better get going."

▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷

He wants to walk, but a car parked in front of the penthouse says otherwise. He opens the door and gets in, and soon the Avox chauffeur starts up the car, driving down the Corso. His hands smooth the seats compulsively as the car approaches the Plinth mansion. He gives the chauffeur a polite smile and gets out of the car, knocking on the front door.

It opens, revealing Ma covered in flour. "Oh, come in, come in. Don't stand there waitin' or else you'll catch a cold." Coriolanus steps inside the house. "Strabo's waiting for you upstairs in his office," she says, wiping her hands on her apron. She stops him before he could turn around. "D'you want to take something to eat? Pie? Scones? Or maybe waffles?" She furrows her eyebrows, as if nothing was good enough.

"Pie'd be a real treat, thank you, Mrs. Plinth."

She smiles and nods. "Alright. Here. Take a box."

"Oh, this is just too much, I couldn't possibly-"

"C'mon, I can always make more," Ma urges him. He finally complies and takes the box upstairs.

He knocks on the door, which soon opens. He steps inside. "Hello, Mr. Plinth," he greets.

"Please, do sit." Coriolanus takes a seat. From the corner of his eye he sees Sejanus across the room, who gives him a friendly smile. Coriolanus forces his own lips to curve into a grin. What's he doing here? he thinks. I know it's his house, but why is he here with us? He figures he's about to find out. "So. You won the Plinth Prize. Let me be the first to congratulate you."

"I'm afraid that honor is already taken, sir," Coriolanus says jokingly.

"I'll bet," Strabo chuckles, nodding.