Chapter Twenty Five

Esra's POV

The night arrived quickly and the full moon shone, turning red slowly.

"Esra." Damon called. "Look." He pointed to the pack of wolves running towards a valley.

"Zade." I gasped. The big dire wolf ran ahead of the other wolves. There were two demon wolves with them and over a hundred timber wolves following.

"Two demon wolves?" Damon asked.

"His father and brother. Whose supposed to be dead."

"Esra." Damon placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's okay to worry."

"I don't need to worry about anything." I shrugged his hand off.

"You do. You can't go fight."

"I can. There's no reason for me not to." I growled.

"You... You don't know?" There was no sign of amusement in his voice.

"What?" I frowned.

"You're pregnant, Esra. I can feel it."

"What?" A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked at my stomach. My hands slowly made their way to it. I rubbed it. "I'm...pregnant?" A river of tears flowed down my cheeks. "Zade." I gasped and turned to the howling wolves.

Zade looked pissed. Did he know?

Another pack of wolves appeared. Azrael.

He had the Moonstone.

Damon's eyes turned red. "Damon?"

He shook his head. "My head hurts." He held his head and fell on his knees.

"It's the Moonstone."

"Ya think?" He groaned as his fangs released and his eyes turned red. The Moonstone was...forcing him to shift.

"Run, Esra." Damon yelled.

I ran as his wolf was unleashed and snapped at me. Damon wasn't in control anymore. I shifted into my tundra wolf and ran. I ran down the mountain.

Damon stayed at the top, fighting and clawing himself.

Zade on the other hand charged at the other wolves. His wolves began to kill Azrael's wolves one by one.

There was a new species of wolves on the field. The great plains wolf.

They were bigger than the red wolves and easily ripped them.

I couldn't stand the sight of all of them dying.

Zade killed everyone in his way as he made his way to Azrael.

'Zade.' I mind linked him. 'I'm here.'

He seemed to ignore me and he killed the last wolf in his path and faced Azrael.

The two wolves growled at each other but the Moonstone was no where to be found.

Zade charged at Azrael. Azrael was quick, he jumped on top of Zade and bit into his neck. Zade flung Azrael aside.

More sea wolves gathered around Zade, each attacking him. Zade ended them all within a minute. Azrael managed to get up again and charge back at Zade. The two big bad wolves fought fiercely and violently, shedding blood.

Damon appeared out of no where and attacked Azrael from behind. Zade charged and sliced Azrael's neck with his claws. Azrael's body fell to the ground.

All the wolves stopped fighting, staring at the dire wolf and demon wolf.

The Alpha of the Fire Moon Pack howled. The rest followed.

The timber wolves, sea wolves, grey wolves, mountain wolves, red wolves, arctic wolves, labrador wolves, great plains wolves, dire wolves all howled in unison.

I begun to howl at the top of the mountain. Zade stopped and stared at me.

'Esra?'

Mixed emotions fueled my mind and body. These emotions...fear, hate, regret, love...

The war was finally over. But was this the life that I wanted? This complicated supernatural life?

Was this what all she-wolves desired? Why would they want to live this life?

I despise my wolf side. I feel like it's a curse. I hate it. Who would wish to be half animal?

This was not what I wanted.

This was my chance to leave...

'Zade, I love you... But I can't. I can't.'

'No, Esra. I love you. Stay. The war is over.'

'I never asked for this, you know that.' All the anger was flushed out from his system. All I could sense was fear. Fear of losing me. He didn't realise that he'd already lost me a long time ago.

'I'm sorry.' I cut the mind link afterwards. I turned and ran for the portal. I wanted to go back home, to the human world.

At this point, I didn't care about anything. I was selfish. Everyone could live their lives peacefully here, but for me... this place was hell.

Zade ran after me. When I reached the portal I stopped and stared at Zade who stood five meters away.

'Don't go.' He begged. 'Please.'

'I'm leaving.'

'No, you can't. You can't leave with our pup.'

It shocked me for a moment. 'I can and I will. There's nothing you can do. This is all your fault. I didn't want to come here.'

'What happened to the old Esra? The one who yearned for a mate from the time she was a child. What happened to the Esra that cared about other's?'

'That Esra disappeared the day her mate cheated on her.' The sadness in his eyes couldn't be explained.

'Please don't go. What about Maristela? What about Carroll and Carter?'

'They'll live. They don't need me. And you don't need me either.'

'Esra, I love you. I need you like I need oxygen to breath.'

"Okay, then let me make things easier for you.' I knew what territory I was crossing, but I had no choice.

'No, please, don't.'

I looked him in the eye. 'I, Esra Argent, reject you as my mate.'

He winced. The pain washed over me. It washed over him badly as he backed up. The pain in his growing eyes was inexplicable.

I left him there, hurt. I left. With our─no─my pup. And I never looked back...

Zade's POV

The love of my life was gone. The pain swelled in me. I had nothing left to live for. She was free.

I had no desire to hunt her, to chase her. She no longer belonged to me.

She was gone...

With my pup...

The hatred for her filled me. I hated her for her selfish ways.

I was going to make a new family on my own. Without her...

A new Luna...better than her.

A new mate...better than her.

And yet deep down I knew, it wasn't possible...