𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒐𝒏𝒆. 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦

Walls !
‧͙⁺˚*・ not a goodbye ༓☾ 

〚 Walls ! 〛‧͙⁺˚*・ not a goodbye ༓☾ 

❝ i'll come find you ❞

            SCOTT MCCALL'S CORPSE WAS ALL TOO CONVINCING. His skin paled from lack of blood flow. Despite all of it, he looked peaceful. Maybe someone who hadn't seen so many bodies could mistake this for what it truly was: a slumber.

   "What happened to him?" The sound of Brett's voice reminded Bellamy of his presence and Bellamy's failure to properly explain what was going on. He could see the tension in Brett's shoulders. They'd been through a lot in the last week, much of it had gone down in this very morgue.  

   Before Bellamy could explain, the faint sound of Scott's slowed heartbeat could be heard by those with supernatural hearing. Brett let out a small gasp, and with it, some of the building tension released from his shoulders.

   Melissa was the next person to enter the morgue. She was quiet as she wiped the tears from her face, "I still hate this plan," Melissa's voice wavered with her sentiment. She took a deep breath as she tried to tear her eyes from her son's body, although the effort was futile, "I mean this is pretty significantly terrifying. He looks dead."

   Since Melissa was of the human species, she had to feel Scott's heartbeat. Kira's mother was gentle as she guided Melissa's hand. While Melissa tried not to panic, Brett's eyes found the spot on the floor where Reid had died, not that there was any trace of the incident left behind.

   Bellamy was gentle as he placed his hand in the small of Brett's back. It was subtle, but Brett leaned into him, breathing just a bit easier. His eyes left the spot on the floor and he gave Bellamy a small but appreciative smile. Bellamy himself breathed a little easier at that.

   "How long do we have?" Melissa asked, breaking the two out of their trance.

   "Forty-five minutes." Forty Six if we really want to push it.

   Melissa nodded, breathing slowly as she attempted to calm herself, "What happens after that?"

   "I bring him back the same way." Kira said.

   "No, what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?"

   Yet another tense silence overtook the room as the teenagers all looked to the ground, "No one told her?" Displeasure colored Kira's mother's tone.

   "What? What happens after forty-five minutes?" Melissa looked between everyone for answers.

   Bellamy still couldn't believe they'd trusted this all to Kira's blooming powers to bring Scott to the brink of death and back without any real backup plan for if it went horribly wrong. Sure, Kira's mother was there, but did that really count? This all seemed very risky.