I love you maddy

• Dedicated to my best friend clare for being amazing

As I opened the door and walked inside I thought I was hearing things.

Iagain and it was as she could read my mind.

"Yes there's another wolf in there."

At that very moment my Dad walked out of the front room "Emma I was just talking to Rhyd- I mean our guest. Maddy, there's someone here to see you."

I walked into the room and froze. Right there after five months was Rhydian smiling at me. "Hi" he said opening his arms for me. Hardly in control of myself I ran towards his and flung myself in his arms. "Hi" I replied hardly being able to get my words out."You came back." "I dont know why I ever left."

Five minutes later we was sitting on the sofa with him and I realised his blonde hair was a bit longer than I remember."I'm moving back to Stoneybridge."

Beaming with joy I felt a huge grin appear on my face. Then it hit me. "Rhydian, where on earth are you going to live. I mean you can't go back to living with the Vorns can you."

He replied almost instantly. "Well Emma and Dan a-a mean your mum and Dad said I can join your pack again and sleep down here on the sofa, and I'll be going back to school with you."

Mam and Dad came into the room at that time, along with Shann and Tom.

Shannon started to speak as she came into the room "Madds you coming to...Bernie's "

As soon as they saw Rhydian they froze just like I did.

"Tom?" Shann said getting his attention. "Please tell me you see I'm not seeing things."

"Either you're seeing things or thats Rhydian." Then tom looked from Rhydian to me. "Madds care to say whats going on for me please."

I sighed "Well... I dont know the full thing but I know someone who does." I turned to face Rhydian who was now sitting on the arm of the sofa looking at his hands. "Will you tell us what went on in the wild."

"Earlier on today I had a fight with this lad and because I lost my mum was so ashamed of me that she kicked me out of the pack and I did'nt know where else to come but here." As he finnished I could tell he was on the verge of tears so I spread my armes out to give him a hug. As we bothstood up I heard the front door open and shut. I dropped my armes to see an empty room.

"Guess there gone. Now where were we?" he asked with a grin on his face. "I do believe I was about to give you a comforting hug." I said with a hint of laughter in my voice. But without anymore conversation we were in the middle of a hug. 30 seconds went by without us talking. Then I realized it was the first time I had ever hugged Rhydian. Everything was silent until he did somethin I was not expecting.

"I love you Maddy."