4. gaslight

THE NEXT MORNING

📍The Andrew's Memorial Hospital

JAYCE AMIRI BANKS
7:15 am

Opening my eyes to the slightly dimmed room, looking down at my restricted body.

The doctor slid the curtains to enter, "Good morning Mr.Banks, you were knocked out cold," he said trying to show a slight smile.

Looking at him then back at my body that was held down by straps.

"It was to keep you from harming yourself..you went on quite a manic rage episode..."

Looking at his name tag, Dr.Todd.

"Suh when mi can guh home?" I asked already bored and annoyed of the environment.

"You'll be discharged once we figure out if you are stable enough to return home," He clicked his pen then started flipping through his notepad.

Shaking my head before hissing my teeth loudly, "Fuck yuh mean stable enough? Weh yah try seh?"

"No implementation whatsoever Mr. Banks but with your compulsive behavior you might tend to try to harm others."

"I was told you were on medication...but those prescribed drugs were wrong for your type of condition."

Wah? Me a hear right?

Raising an eyebrow trying to get a direct answer.

"Basically, those medications led to this very rampant episode. With you taking 5 different pills every single morning for 3 years since the accident, you became addicted and your body could not handle the withdrawal of missing a day."

"Those same pills could've sent you to a mental institution, or worse case scenario...death."

"If it wasn't for your friends who got you here immediately you could've suffered a much worse fate."

I just sat there laughing..

Laughing. Completely laughing in shock of the words passing through my ears.

Fucking pill dem coulda kill mi dawg.

If mi neva made before mi mad now, chip completely lick.

"It's been licked, yuh nuh righted."

"We can get your parents in here, Mr. Banks, If you would like to see them."