CHAPTER NINE

The quidditch match was... well, interesting to say the least. In your years at Hogwarts, quidditch was the only normal thing. Well, the flying on broomsticks and the concept of balls trying to break your skull, and two people with bats who could direct those skull breakers at you if they were real mad, or a golden ball with wings or the fact that the whole game mainly rode on the one person who caught that winged golden ball - it was a not so normal sport if you'd never heard of it, but once you got used to it, it was cool.

But quidditch was the only thing that ever went the way it was supposed to. Hufflepuff had never won the cup when you'd played at Hogwarts, simply because Charlie Weasley was on Gryffindor's team and he was the best seeker Hogwarts had seen until Harry came along. Still though, nothing went crazy, besides an odd bludger now and then, but that came with playing the game with old equipment that'd been around since Dumbledore was born.

Obviously, that wasn't the case now. The boy who lived went through all that work to live after being hit by a killing curse but seemed like he'd be murdered by choking on a snitch (which happened last year apparently).

You were glad Harry was alright, checking in on him once or twice so you could report back to Molly about how he was doing. Other than that, you wrote to Charlie.

Late at night, you kept the windows open in your office, letting the cold air refresh you, and keep you awake so you could spend some time to yourself. You were writing to Charlie when you heard loud hoots of an owl- a school owl. Peeking your head out your window, you then quickly backed away, as an owl quickly dashed into your room, and landed gracefully on your table.

"Careful," you whispered, as it was near your ink. Patting your arm, you let it fly to you, before carefully taking the ribbon off of it's leg. "Thank you. Go rest now."

It hooted one last time before flying away. You closed your window, chills crawling up your spine. "Hyacinthus," you muttered under your breath, pointing your wand at three candles on your bedside table, before walking over to your bed, putting your wand away, and unraveling the parchment as you sat down.

Your eyes widened at the first three words.

My Dearest Dragostea.

Then you scowled at the next few words.

Sorry if I put your hopes up, but tis only moi. Romeo.

"Of course," you sighed, lying down on your bed, holding the letter up, the candlelight bringing warmth to your room along with light to get a better view of Romeo's messy handwriting.

We miss you here. You're really far away huh? Some of my buddies and I were talking about it. All the way in Scotland. That's a four hour ride on the average dragon. Well, 10 hours, considering it wouldn't go straight ahead. Anyway! You're probably sick of the dragon talk. When are you coming home? The neighbors are taking care of the house well. Looks the same was you left it, I'm sure. Will be all homey for when you get back for Christmas. You are coming here for Christmas right? Would be odd without you and Charlie boasting about each other and how you're gonna snog a bunch for the New Year or whatever. I'm sure Hogwarts is treating you nicely! Come back soon though. There's not many annoying teenagers here, you'll like it better. See you when you get back! WRITE BACK TOO!!!

Your favourite,

Romeo

P.S Charlie's back. He's just occupied reading all the letters. Don't write him any more. He's going through this like some kid studying for an exam that's in a few hours.

There was another knock on your window. Jumping up, you raced to open it, thanking the owl as you carefully took the parchment off of it's leg, thanking it again, before it flew away to the owlery. You unrolled the parchment quickly, still standing up, careful not to rip it, not to damage it in any way, because this was Charlies'! It was his handwriting! He'd touched this parchment, probably used one of the quills that hadn't been touched for months, probably borrowed ink from Romeo since the one at your home had run out, he wrote this, he wrote back to you!