1.0

•••

I woke up to the obnoxious sound of Ashton and Michael's snoring. Looking around the room, I saw my phone sitting on the chair next to the bed. I picked it up and saw i had three missed calls and fifteen new texts. Two of the calls and ten of the texts were from my mum. I completely forgot to call her last night. I decided to get back to her before she called the cops.

To: Mum <3

Hey i'm so sorry i didn't get back to you last night. You must have been worried sick. I just wanted to let you know that we've made it back to campus safely. Once again i'm sorry, i fell asleep as soon as we got back to campus. I love you a bunch xx

I looked through the other texts and saw they were all from Luke. He was freaking out because Michael had told him what happened to me. I texted him back saying that I was fine and coming back to campus today.

"Ash" I said quietly as I pushed against him, "Ashton wake up. I want to leave"

He groaned and shifted around a little bit before finally opening his eyes and looking at me. "What time is it?" he said in a quite attractive morning voice. But no matter how attractive it was, I was still a bit upset with him.

"It's 8am. I want to go back to school. Can you please go get the nurse so we can get the hell out of here?" It came out more as a command than a question. He got out of bed and walked out into the hallway.

I looked over at Michael who was still asleep in the chair by the window. He must have gotten cold in the car and come in halfway through the night because he wasn't there when i fell asleep. I picked up the pillow Ashton was using and threw it at him.

"What the?! What the bloody hell Ray!" he said quite loudly.

"Shh there are people sleeping" I scolded. "We're leaving soon"

Ashton came back into the room with a nurse. She handed me a ton of papers to sign. I signed them all, got changed and we were back in route to campus.

"So are you gonna explain to me what happened last night?" I asked, for probably the tenth time during this ride. I was getting a bit impatient with him. Why couldn't he just tell me now?

"Ray, we are ten minutes from campus. I promise I will tell you everything when we get there" he said.

I reluctantly agreed and sat angrily in my seat with my arms crossed for the duration of the trip. Horrifying scenes from the events last night went running around in my head. Why the hell didn't he care that I almost died? Also, why didn't he care that Starr had died? He was so protective of her in a certain sense, and yet he didn't even flinch whilst I was getting stabbed and beaten, or as he watched Starr go flying out a second story window. My anger for him grew every second we sat in silence.

As soon as we got back to campus, I grabbed my bag out of the back of the truck and made my way towards the dorm building. I went up the stairs, slowly and painfully, and walked down the hallway to the door of my room.

I stopped dead in my tracks with my hand on the door knob. I saw the little white board with Starr and my name on it. I couldn't go in there. The last time I was there, Starr was too. God what am I going to do without her? How could this happen?

"Ray! Ohmygod!" Luke's voice came from down the hall.

I turned to him, tears pecking at the corners of my eyes. He engulfed me in a huge hug, being mindful of my wound, not knowing where it was, but still being careful. As soon as he hugged me I just broke down.

"Shh it's okay, here let's just go in and talk about it. I was worried sick" he said, reaching for the door.

"No," I let out, "I can't go in there. Can we just go to your room?"