14: The Massive Slut Button In Gerard's Head

Frank hated work, and it was mainly because he hated knowing that Gerard would always be there with him, but he couldn't see him, or talk to him, but of course, if Gerard did indeed make himself visible, then Frank would most definitely find himself with an awful distraction and a very awkward situation in his pants.

It was just the contrast that really meant something though, because before all of this mess, Frank had taken pleasure in normality and the nine to five and the nothingness and how his life was very devoid of meaning, because that was what he'd needed.

But now, Frank couldn't hate the idea of that more, because he was deadset and certain in the belief that all he needed was the man beside him; the man he couldn't see right now, but the man that was most definitely there, and as Frank typed away at his computer, he couldn't help but smile to himself, keeping what he only knew as a secret close to his chest.

And, yes, of course, it was inevitable that Frank felt an awful lot like a mad man, and even went as far as to question himself sometimes, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to just get back to 'normal', whatever normal meant anymore, because Frank felt that not only did Gerard need him to feel real, but that the feeling was mutual.

And perhaps for Frank, it was just a little bit more metaphorical, but it remained just as real in his chest, and that was all that mattered, as his heart fluttered in his ribcage, screaming louder than his head could even imagine.

And Frank was even something like trapped away in his own little Gerard filled world at his desk, sleep deprivation making it easy to zone out every few seconds, and fall into a whole new plane of existence, that had nothing to do with the boring office job, and the meaningless words he was typing out onto his keyboard, well, the company's keyboard, in the company's building, because Frank didn't want to be homeless, and that was that.

However, the aforementioned bubble was soon broken, as the door slammed open, and Frank caught sight of a man, about his age, with short, blonde hair, and the kind of body that looked alien in a suit; this was his first kind of office thing, that was for sure, and Frank could read the fact that he was new off his fucking face.

However, he didn't appear as nervous as people tended to be, perhaps more bored, tired of this already, even though he'd barely even made it through the door, which both unnerved and intrigued Frank, and most definitely caught the attention of Gerard too, as the redhead had been leaning against Frank's cubicle and minding his own business, and staring at Frank's ass from time to time, because okay, who could blame him?

In fact, the whole room seemed to be captivated by the new guy, everyone getting to their feet to peer over the cubicles and watch as he finally made his way into the cubicle beside Frank's, which was already something Gerard wasn't particularly pleased about, because Gerard was a jealous bitch at best.

"Hey..." The guy finally addressed the room, gesturing awkwardly as he glanced around at the room, "I'm new... I'm Sam."

And as the room erupted into a chorus of greetings and conversation, Frank took the liberty of sitting the fuck back down again, because okay, new guy, interesting, but something they really had seen a thousand times before, as was everything in this cubicle, in this building, in this life, and in fact, Frank even began to feel a little sorry for Gerard who was just forced into watching time, and in turn, Frank's life tick by.

Frank had gotten over the weirdness factor of it, because it wasn't like the guy didn't seem him naked enough already, and was now more sympathetic than anything, because Frank he really wouldn't want to have been forced into observing every dull action of a guy who you dated ten years ago.

Or maybe that's just what you get for killing yourself, it seemed.

And Frank shook his head at the notion, turning back to his screen, ready to immerse himself back into the lovely and exciting, and of course, fun filled, world of Microsoft Excel - Frank's favourite computer program, of course, after MS Paint, because Frank reckoned he did actually spend all of his lunch break drawing shit, vaguely insulting, 'art' depicting the co-workers that he hadn't gotten on quite so well with.