Thirteen - The Garden Of Agony

Something strange happened when next I opened my eyes. I found myself standing in the middle of a vast field, grass tickling my toes, the sun beating warming my skin. I was naked, but I didn't seem ashamed of that. I knew this had to be a dream, I mean what else could it be? Strangely, knowing you're in a dream doesn't make it any less of a weird sensation.

With no real sense of direction, just a feeling that something was pulling me, I walked forward. I didn't know what this field was, but it felt like Heaven. It was like walking through a beautiful garden – all the colours turned up to maximum, bathing me in their beauty. The scent of every fresh plant tickled my nose with a delightful feeling of serenity. My fingers brushed against them, their velvety sensation tingling through the tips and into my very being. I inhaled through my nose and left out the softest breath of air that I could. I was at peace, for what felt like the first time in forever.

I walked for a time, not sure how long for; time didn't seem to matter here, the universe just moved at it's own pace. The fields seemed to stretch for miles without any noticeable end. That was ok with me. I was happy to just stay here and enjoy the prosperity. The peace and quiet.

After some time, I happened across two others, both as bare-naked as I was. It was two women, cradling a dark-skinned baby. One of them held the baby in her arms whilst the babe suckled at her nipple. The other woman stood behind the woman, lifting her head up and kissing her lips.

I recognised these women as Gayle and Anna, with their baby Charlie.

My heart was filled with sadness.

I wanted so badly to be the one that Gayle was kissing. I wanted to be Anna as she wrapped her arms around Gayle. Heck, I'd even be Charlie, gnawing at her tit. It was a life I always wanted for myself.

I stepped forward, but bumped my nose against something, preventing me going any further. I tried again, but could not move any further. It was like someone had placed a pane of glass in front of me, and invisible force field. I banged on the glass, screaming at Gayle and Anna with all my lungs. But my voice had no volume and my thuds were silent. Gayle and Anna didn't even see I was there – this was a world I would not be part of.

It was then that Gayle and Anna turned and looked towards me. They seemed to be smiling, but not a happy smile, but rather a mocking one. They glared at me for what felt like an eternity. Gayle turned and looked at Anna, smiling at her genuinely. She then turned back and blew at me.

I went tumbling away as if carried by a powerful wind. When I landed, Gayle and Anna were no longer in my view. But I could see another figure standing on a podium in a flowing white cloak, holding a scroll. At her feet, several people were prostrated, kneeling like she was a god in human form.

I recognised the speaker as Mysti.

My heart was full of rage.

I knew the words that she spoke were shit, but the people lapped it up like it was the New Testament – like what she wrote was the coming of the next psalm that would lead them to enlightenment. And the idiots lapped it up like ice cream! I felt my muscles twitched as I thundered towards her. I felt arms take either side of me and pull me away from their goddess. I screamed and yelled, defaming her and trying to get the idiots to listen! But I had no scriptures of my own to provide as an alternative – and I doubt they would have listened even if I had one.

I landed on my backside, thankfully the soft grass cushioned my fall. I looked up and saw my two assailants had sheep masks. They turned and walked away, having dragged me so far away that I could not have walked back to Mysti if I wanted to.

Growling, I stood up, my body shaking. I took deep breaths in and out, regaining my composure as best I could. I felt sick and knew I had to get away from here somehow. I turned and walked away.