Part 3

Tom's POV;

Tom was looking out of the carriage window while his Knights were silent around him. They all noticed his foul mood after Mulciber had climbed into the carriage.

Not that Tom had said anything about the stupid actions of the heir against Hadrian, but it was clear he was displeased.

The others had picked up on his mood but were too afraid to ask what was wrong.

Nott was watching him closely and would probably corner him in their dorm if they were alone, and Malfoy was with his year mates, but he would know something happened as soon as Tom sat down in his seat at the table with his court. Those two were the only ones that would dare ask him why he was reacting so strongly. And then he needed to lie to them. He couldn't tell them he knew Hadrian and only didn't interfere because he knew Hadrian could take care of himself.

Plus, it would not look good for him to protect a new student when it isn't yet clear if he's a mudblood, half-blood or pureblood.

And if the shaken expression on Mulciber's face was an indication, it was clear that Hadrian had shown his teeth.

Tom was definitely going to watch the memory as soon as possible because Hadrian had probably left an impression he desperately wanted to covet for himself.

The boy/man he had been living with for the summer was an enigma, such a powerful wizard, traveling through time, being master of Death, fit as hell, but still acting like a child most of the time.

Tom didn't know if he should envy Hadrian or be disgusted with his behavior. He didn't know if he hated the man or... well, love was a big word, but he if Hadrian offered himself, he would definitely welcome the man in his bed.

The man was clearly a Slytherin, but his Gryffindor self showed too much sometimes. That he was stupidly gorgeous was something Tom kept to himself. After they had fixed Hadrian's eyesight, his eyes became an even more prominent feature on his face. The color looked so much like the killing curse that Tom was sure he had absorbed some of the curse after being hit by it two times.

And after dueling almost every day for a month, the man was extremely fit. Not that Tom was a slouch himself, but he could not objectify himself, of course. Tom knew he looked handsome. The people that tried to get his attention because of his looks had always been many. The times he had been asked out for Hogsmeade had been too many to count, but he had turned them all down eventually.

He hated being touched by other people. The only touch he accepted was initiated by himself. It was how he manipulated some of the people that were interested in him. A soft touch to the shoulder, a brush of his fingertips on someone's cheek to brush some hair behind their ears, or a guiding hand on their backs. Most people turned to putty in his hands when he did that.

But when he thought about it, he had mostly used it on Hadrian the past month. He frowned a bit. It was a bit worrying that he had been touching Hadrian so much while he knew that the man hated his guts. Or at least still disliked him enough to never even consider warming Tom's bed. Tom was going to change that.

They had arrived at the doors, and Tom was on high alert when he saw Hadrian making his way to Dumbledore.

He knew Hadrian hated the man to the extremes, but were his Occlumency shields enough? Would Dumbledore know what their plan was? Was Dumbledore going to warn Hadrian away from Tom?

A lot of thoughts flitted through his mind, but he kept his mask on while making his way to the Slytherin table and to his seat.

Tom had explained to Hadrian that Slytherin had a Court and that he was the current King of Slytherin, he had been so since his fourth year, and he was proud of that fact. He looked out for his snakes and ensured they were safe and were at the top in their years academically. He loved that people depended on him and looked to him if they had any questions or wanted an opinion on something.